Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born  (Read 5117 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« on: March 19, 2004, 01:44:36 pm »

Is leaked on SlSk. Except for the last track, Late Greats (greatest lost track of all time...). Anyway, it's good, yes? You like it. Go download it.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 04:52:30 pm »

I will.

Thank you for the immoral heads up, and fear not all, I'll buy it regardless.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 05:50:38 pm »

Guess it's about time for me to check out who these Wilco people are then...
What with soulseek kicking furious ass (it being in use as we speak) I have no problem queuing up another track.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 01:02:59 am »

You're lucky to still have Wilco's whole catalogue ahead of you, slink, that's all I can say.
Logged
goose means greedy

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 05:35:04 am »

I forgot to mention that live recording compilations had been floating around SoulSeek or a while now...so make sure the copy you're downloading has the songs Wishful Thinking and Hell is Chrome (which had not previously been played live). Most of the legit files that are floating around have a filename formatted like so:
Wilco-A_Ghost_Is_Born-02-Hell_Is_Chrome.mp3

Anyway, if you're on dialup and thus are trying to economize on download time, I'd check out Company in My Back, Theologians, or Muzzle of Bees. Or At Least That's What You Said if you're looking to rock out, all Neil Young style.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 09:22:10 am »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Or At Least That's What You Said if you're looking to rock out, all Neil Young style.


Didn't see my post in the Neil Young thread then!

But I will check these guys out later today. When they start downloading.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 10:08:21 am »

I did not. Now that I have, though, I see you might like people covering Neil? How about influenced by? Yeah. What would life be without wishful thinking? Time for a walk.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 12:48:47 pm »

I don't know about the people being influenced by Young thing. I can't really think of anyone I like who ahs said they were, although I guess people covering him would be kinda saying so like that...
I'll see.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 07:04:15 pm »

I still treasure the experience of going to the record store and buying a highly anticipated new disc.  Greedily tearing open the package on the way to the car, putting the disc in the player and listening in the parking lot.  If I go way back, it's hurriedly driving home, tearing open the package, putting the lp on the turntable.  If I go even further back than that Begging Mom not to go to Granny's house, being a pratt the whole time instead of being grateful that she just bought me the new Foghat record.  All impatiant to get home and listen to Fool for the City.  Again with the earlier... Sitting in the car while Mom and Dad and a couple of their friends marveling at the new Beatles album, Sgt. Peppers.  Finally getting my turn and being transfixed by the imagery.  Going to their friends "pad" and recording a reel to reel copy which I listened to more times than I can remember.

I'm not ready to kick that part of my life to the curb and replace it with 'save target as' just yet.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 07:05:18 pm »

So anyway, when's it coming out.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 07:19:40 pm »

June 8.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 09:35:00 pm »

Since now I gots a job and all, I bought a Handsome Family album yesterday, and it is REAL GOOD. There's a new Wilco and Modest penis coming out too, as well as a Papa M and Will Oldham. So I'm going to be spending my entire paycheck on music.
I'm sort of starting a alt-country band with my brother, and we really want to try to cover "Cowgirl In The Sand." Because it is awesome.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 09:43:13 pm »

Have you ever read this interview with Handsome Family and Tweedy? http://www.geocities.com/nutnhunee/raygun.html
Quote
Jeff: My brother was so constipated as a child that he'd lay these enormous Louisville Slugger turds, and my mother would have to cut them up with a butter knife.


Funny crap.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 11:31:57 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Since now I gots a job and all,


Where are you working?

Also, speaking of country music, Johnny Cash Live at San Quentin was on Trio last night.  It rocked.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 01:07:57 am »

Ha, I'm working at Lynn's Paradise Cafe (for non-'ville folk, it's this funky cool cafe place that's insanely busy on the weekends), from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon with no breaks, hosting. This means, today, I literally ran for 7 hours; by 9 in the morning, there was already a wait for a table, and it stayed at around a 15-30 minute wait from 9:30 to 2.
And today, because of the NCAA stuff, was one of the slowest days they've  had. Eventually, every weekend, I will be getting there at 8, getting all of the reservations ready, showing everyone to their seats, taking all of the phone calls, etc.
However, there IS an upside: I'm getting $9 bucks an hour, which is absolutely insane. Hopefully this will pay for all the ulcers I'm going to get.
August, stop in some time and say hey!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up