Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19  (Read 4770 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« on: March 20, 2004, 01:52:07 am »

How did Ray already memorize this month's Playboy Advisor? Motivation. The cat has his priorities.

But for me, this strip was all about Philippe's eyebrows, and his concentration on being interested--good atrributes for a presidential candidate.

(By coincidence, I was listening to the 1958 Berlin production of Die Dreigroschenoper (with Lotte Lenya), "The Ballad of Sexual Dependency", to be exact, when I punched this up. )
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 02:15:06 am »

There's Ray, neatly corrupting the young as always. Rock on, Ray.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 02:46:35 am »

Yeah, Philippe is really concentrating on the legs. I'm waiting to see how coherent Ray is after he drinks all those.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 03:50:50 am »

Nineteen years ago this June, I rode on a train out of Frankfort am Main with my friend Craig Kraus.  Neither of us, however, had memorized that month's Playboy Advisor (which would probably have been about Members Only jackets or Vuarnets).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 05:48:50 am »

Quote from: "Paisley"
The cat has his priorities.


Also, the cat owns property.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Re: Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 06:51:38 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Also, the cat owns property.


He gets with ladies, too. But in the end, For My Man mixtapes notwithstanding, they do not like him.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 08:48:35 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "Paisley"
The cat has his priorities.


Also, the cat owns property.


Also, the cat is wearing his Hell hat.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 09:44:36 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"

Also, the cat is wearing his Hell hat.


I nearly had a hell hat brought home for me when my mom went to Bavaria the other month. I decided against in the end!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 06:46:19 pm »

Is duty-free shopping really that great a deal?  Every time I check it out, I am not blown away by the prices, so I don't buy any booze.  But I buy Toblerone bars anyway.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 06:49:33 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Is duty-free shopping really that great a deal?  Every time I check it out, I am not blown away by the prices, so I don't buy any booze.  But I buy Toblerone bars anyway.


Yeah, duty free is a scam.  There is no tax, but the stuff is priced double.

I guess duty free is for people who don't mind paying more, just don't won't the government to get any of it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 07:27:03 pm »

Depends if you live in a country where you get gouged for 17.5% VAT and tax on alcohol and cigarettes drives prices through the roof.
That's why I quit smoking (this time). Because 20 cost me £5. That's like fuck*ng 50cents a cigarette with current exchange rates.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 07:37:44 pm »

Hey, congrats, Slink.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 07:43:55 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
That's why I quit smoking (this time). Because 20 cost me £5. That's like fuck*ng 50cents a cigarette with current exchange rates.


That's why I quit smoking pot.  When it got to $25 dollars for a quarter of an ounce I said to hell with it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 07:58:34 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
That's why I quit smoking pot.  When it got to $25 dollars for a quarter of an ounce I said to hell with it.


Hearing people reminesce about the olden days when pot was cheap always seems like the Saddest Thing, until I also remember the fables I've heard about what poor quality it was then...
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2004, 08:20:37 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Hearing people reminesce about the olden days when pot was cheap always seems like the Saddest Thing, until I also remember the fables I've heard about what poor quality it was then...


It's no fable.  Today's weed is a total skull fucker over the dope of yesteryear.  Something like a factor of 10 in potency.

I am the Delta Niner.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up