Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19  (Read 4790 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2004, 08:51:43 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Is duty-free shopping really that great a deal?  Every time I check it out, I am not blown away by the prices, so I don't buy any booze.  But I buy Toblerone bars anyway.


That's why God invented Deleware.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2004, 09:00:18 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

It's no fable.  Today's weed is a total skull fucker over the dope of yesteryear.  Something like a factor of 10 in potency.

~Paul


Which I see as a good thing. What with my favourite pot in Amsterdam being AK47, named for a good reason.

And anyway, who the fuck pays for pot!?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2004, 09:19:06 pm »

oh man, here comes the weed thread.

WELL THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD INVITE HUEY LEWIS OVER AND OPEN THE WINDOWS.


Hold your fire guys, it's just tacos!
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2004, 11:35:40 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "slink"
That's why I quit smoking (this time). Because 20 cost me £5. That's like fuck*ng 50cents a cigarette with current exchange rates.


That's why I quit smoking pot.  When it got to $25 dollars for a quarter of an ounce I said to hell with it.

~Paul


Jeez, when did you quit?  1972?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2004, 01:18:32 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "slink"
That's why I quit smoking (this time). Because 20 cost me £5. That's like fuck*ng 50cents a cigarette with current exchange rates.


That's why I quit smoking pot.  When it got to $25 dollars for a quarter of an ounce I said to hell with it.

~Paul


Jeez, when did you quit?  1972?


More like '86-7 or something like that.  Is pot more expensive in KY?  I was buying it for $10.00 an ounce in '79.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2004, 01:32:40 am »

It's so heartwarming to see an online comic about a cat with some substance issues creating communities via bonding over pot prices and intensity.

(I don't even know if I mean that sarcastically.)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2004, 01:54:32 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "slink"
That's why I quit smoking (this time). Because 20 cost me £5. That's like fuck*ng 50cents a cigarette with current exchange rates.


That's why I quit smoking pot.  When it got to $25 dollars for a quarter of an ounce I said to hell with it.

~Paul


Jeez, when did you quit?  1972?


More like '86-7 or something like that.  Is pot more expensive in KY?  I was buying it for $10.00 an ounce in '79.

~Paul


$35 a quarter by the early eighties, pretty standard.  STL and KY.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2004, 03:24:58 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
It's so heartwarming to see an online comic about a cat with some substance issues creating communities via bonding over pot prices and intensity.

(I don't even know if I mean that sarcastically.)


I once smelled some pot through a wall.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2004, 03:45:33 am »

1994-98, Asheville, NC, USA.

$15/quarter oz. - very low quality.

$25/quarter oz. - rather good quality.

$100/oz. - very high quality.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2004, 09:21:36 am »

Nowadays in the UK, can be found for about £80/oz.
Though usually goes for £20 1/8oz.

That is unless you buy resin, which isn't resin, and is evil and fucked up, and sells for £15 1/4oz.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2004, 06:25:09 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
resin, which isn't resin, and is evil and fucked up


Explain.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 02:08:35 am »

I think the closest I've ever been to being split on green have been a few occasions in a friend's common room; the friend's suitemate tended to engage particularly copiously in the particular game of golf, to the point that the guys up the stairwell eventually called the cops on him. The common room was very... fragrant.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2004, 04:28:29 am »

You know, the additional significance of this strip just struck me.  Onstad must read the Playboy Advisor.  Yikes!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2004, 04:50:44 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
You know, the additional significance of this strip just struck me.  Onstad must read the Playboy Advisor.  Yikes!


Is Ray's Place just a loving tribute to the advisor?  Or does Ray read the advisor to see what the competition is up to.

Are they actually quoting the advisor?  The last Playboy I read the interview was Fred Durst.  It's been a long slow painful decline over there and I couldn't stand to see any more.  I assume it hasn't improved over the last few years.

Playboy, Rolling Stone, and Mad.  Three once great magazines that now just make me sad.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Duty-free at both ends -- 3/19
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 10:36:39 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Explain.


Well.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/images/archive/hashish12.jpg
It's not actually resin, it's just what it gets called. It's Hashish, but well, it's not very good, hence the price.
The stone is very, very lethargic. Feels like there's no THC in there whatsoever, all just cannabinols.
It also makes you hack and cough like a dying cat if you smoke much of it, so as a student, when it's all you can afford and you smoke a half ounce in a night, you know about it.

There is speculation as to what they put in British hash. Scientists have claimed that it is leaf matter, as expected, although you would then expect that to only be padding out the resin. They reckon it includes coffee powder and shit to colour it, and everyone I know reckons there is tobacco in it. I don't think that makes sense since it would raise the price over something nastier, but I have noticed that it seems that way when you quit smoking.
Anyway, it's best avoided. You can buy proper resin over here (Squidgy Black) or Charisse, which is the resin with buds crushed into it, which is a fine smoke, but green is becoming far more prevalent of late.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up