Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Need a New P2P Client  (Read 4010 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I Need a New P2P Client
« on: March 20, 2004, 06:42:10 pm »

K-Lite has up and died, most everything has spyware, Soulseek freezes my computer, Shareaza and Limewire are slow, ugly, and don't have anything I want.... suggestions?

[And fear not, I do buy CDs, etc. etc. etc.]
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I Need a New P2P Client
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 07:25:45 pm »

You could try Emule. Tis rather good.
If not look around on the web for torrents to use with bit torrent.
But I'd recommend trying Emule/donkey since it is my favourite apart from soulseek.
I can't even get an installer for KPP anymore. I lost it somehow and it's nowhere to be found anymore.

Also, if things aren't working on your machine... you could try reinstalling windows and have them work again.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I Need a New P2P Client
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 08:43:28 pm »

I use eMule and it's good for large files but absolute suck for little ones. I like eMule Plus 1j (emuleplus.info). eMule has recently come under close supervision so if you use it make sure to also run PeerGuardian.

Oh, and the best site for eMule links (known as ed2k), Share Reactor, was just closed down as was its seach engine brother jigle.com

I've been meaning to try BT sinde it seems like what all the hip kids are using these days.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I Need a New P2P Client
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 09:01:19 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

I've been meaning to try BT sinde it seems like what all the hip kids are using these days.


It's good for the first week or two after a file is released, but then you stop getting seeds and never get to finish the download. You get left with 90% of something and never a source.
Also it all depends on you finding a site with torrents.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I Need a New P2P Client
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 03:49:47 am »

I haven't had a problem with KLite, even yesterday. What's wrong? Have you tried Jump Supernode? Or did I miss some frikkin' important news?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I Need a New P2P Client
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 08:11:31 am »

This is what I found when I looked into it.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I Need a New P2P Client
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 06:35:38 pm »

For the Mac: Poisoned

For the PC: LimeWire

I'd advise to STAY AWAY FROM BEARSHARE!

It is basically just a big spyware programme.
Pages: [1]   Go Up