Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Poll

Will you miss the mole rat stories?

Hallelujah, no more skipping threads full of mammal nonsense
- 0 (0%)
Oh well, time to block Wombat's IP, she never had anything else interesting to post about
- 1 (5.3%)
I am overwhelmed by this rodent tragedy of capybara-like proportions
- 15 (78.9%)
What mole rat stories?
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 23, 2004, 12:09:14 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wombat needs huuuugs  (Read 9457 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2004, 01:54:46 pm »

Oh yeah let's go.

Um, do they have rails in Hawaii?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2004, 03:17:23 pm »

Are you going to be making that crazy liquor out of raisins? Cause if so, I'm in.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2004, 04:17:21 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"


Um, do they have rails in Hawaii?


Hmm, looks like they're extinct.

http://www.uwsp.edu/geo/faculty/heywood/geog358/extinctb/HaSpRail.htm
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2004, 07:42:40 pm »

My (somewhat belated) sympathies, Wombat. I hope things go well, however they do.

I can sympathize wholeheartedly with the entire "I have no idea what to do with my life" problem; my life right now is pretty much this constant shambling mass of "holy CRAP I have to DECLARE A MAJOR and WHAT IF I CAN'T GET INTO BIO GRAD SCHOOLS, WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO WITH A DEGREE IN BIOLOGY AND JAPANESE, and I sure as hell wish ANYONE ON THIS FLOOR was still talking to me, and wow, I get ranty when I'm scared." If nothing else, I suppose we could run off and found a commune dedicated to breeding a better, bitinger mole rat, and thus take revenge on a cruel and cold world.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2004, 11:33:46 pm »

Thank you. Yup, it is not a great way to feel.  Especially when I'm, like, twice your age.

But hey, if it's any comfort, a degree in Biology and Japanese is EXACTLY what I wish I had done in college.  It is precisely what I need right now.  I am so jealous.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2004, 03:59:59 am »

I feel this way most of the time.  

I even have a fairly rewarding, intellectually challenging job.  It's just not anywhere close to what I thought I'd do with my life or what I think I should or could be doing.  But it pays the bills.

You are not your job!

I'm trying to remember that, and to develop the areas of my life that atrophy as a result of my profession.  I also try to remember that one can have a rich and rewarding creative life without creating for a living.

Sometimes it helps.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2004, 06:18:03 am »

I think I AM my job, but then again, my job is being me.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2004, 08:18:54 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I think I AM my job, but then again, my job is being me.


You do it well.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2004, 10:07:58 pm »

As well as can be expected.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wombat needs huuuugs
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2004, 10:57:48 pm »

And here I thought Jough was just a character Jough played on this messageboard.

I had a good handle on I-Am-Not-My-Job-ness in my last career.  But was that while I still liked it, or not till I hated it? I can't remember.  I do know that it was much easier to have that distance from a career where I was vaguely embarrassed by the answer whenever anyone asked me what I did for a living.   It's harder when you're doing something that seems so totally unbelievably cool.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up