Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Textbook Lavender. 3/23  (Read 4946 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« on: March 23, 2004, 11:05:33 pm »

I met a friend in front of the Erotic Museum, but we did not venture inside.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 11:24:40 pm »

I'm surprised to hear Ray say "an historical."

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 11:50:56 pm »

Really?  I'm not.  He has hella class.


But this strip is for sure seven kinds of great.
Logged
goose means greedy

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 11:52:06 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm surprised to hear Ray say "an historical."

But really, I don't think you should be.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 11:52:56 pm »

Woohoo! My first Achewood boards simulpost.

By the way, I am drunk.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 12:28:32 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm surprised to hear Ray say "an historical."


I'm not. Ray probably thinks it makes him sound classy and is unaware that it's considered wrong in American English. Like HS drama geeks who write "honour" and shit.
Logged

Ryan

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 12:39:25 am »

Maybe they're Canadian?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 02:01:52 am »

You totally called us on it.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 03:15:42 am »

Quote from: "Ryan"
Maybe they're Canadian?


NOOOO.

Please don't tell me the Canadians have infiltrated Achewood Manor too.  No doubt bringing their stinking socialist low murder rate and universal health insurance and the letter 'zed.'  Is nothing sacred?

But if so, did they at least bring me some of those Montreal bagels I used to get when I lived in Toronto?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 03:27:09 am »

What the HELL people, eh?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 03:43:06 am »

Damn this fucker didn't even get 10 post before it careened off a bridge.  Topic?  We don't need no steenking topic.

I was just going to say that Lavender Cavendish has a handlebar moustache, i'm certain of it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 07:28:23 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
I'm surprised to hear Ray say "an historical."


I'm not. Ray probably thinks it makes him sound classy and is unaware that it's considered wrong in American English. Like HS drama geeks who write "honour" and shit.


I write with the proper 'u' when appropriate... I think I started doing that around '00 and I don't recall why... now it's just a habit.  I do admit, the word 'superiour' looks wrong with a 'u', so I feel all contradicting if I just write it 'superior' after much thought... the stress I go through!

---

As for the strip, my favourite (hah) bit was the term 'skin-skiffle' in the alt text... first thing I noticed.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 12:43:40 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
I do admit, the word 'superiour' looks wrong with a 'u', so I feel all contradicting if I just write it 'superior' after much thought... .


Actually, I'm pretty sure no one spells it with a u.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 12:58:01 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
I do admit, the word 'superiour' looks wrong with a 'u'


It's never had a u over here, and we invented the damn language!
Honour however. Just like colour really.

But yea, Ray is classy enough to use an before an h.
That's one of the reasons I totally dig Ray; that he speaks real English, with all the trappings.

He wouldn't make fun of me for it. Damn friends!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Textbook Lavender. 3/23
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 11:50:47 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "starlight"
I do admit, the word 'superiour' looks wrong with a 'u'


It's never had a u over here, and we invented the damn language!
Honour however. Just like colour really.


Okay, good.. now I don't feel contradicting ..I avoided looking stupid ...err, beyond that I even *thought* it might have a 'u' and wrote it here... *ahem*

I once had a website called hazycolour and a Canadian commended me on spelling it the right way ...hah.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up