agreed Mac OS un*x is a much better OS than Windows... hell Mac OS from the 80's is better that Windows XP.
I'm not trying to troll anyone, I'm just trying to share some good advice re: zone alarm.
re: stealing your identity... I dunno if you are joking or not **#** G0d. If not, then, I dunno, to each their own, but someone hacking into your computer is not to be taken lightly. Beyond stealing your identity, access to your computer can be used to gain access to the computers of your friends, can be used to assist in all manner of attack on someone, from simple identity theft to coordinating a burglary / kidnapping, to dox dropping your docs or those of a friend. Your computer is an awesome tool for criminals. By leaving your computer open, you're basically aiding and abetting terrorists, child abusers of the worst sort, ID thieves, etc. I think that the argument that there are millions of other open computers is a poor excuse for leaving yours open. A computer is like a loaded gun, and should be treated as such.
Credit cards... the policies of credit card companies make credit card crime somewhat lucrative. The credit card companies are willing to tolerate the losses from this crime because the profits from increased ease of use of credit cards more than offsets the losses... for the credit card companies... society as a whole comes out on the loosing end, however, because all of the money gained by the criminal elements results in a more robust criminal industry which harms all of us, not just the credit card industry.