Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rancid Anyone?  (Read 1731 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Rancid Anyone?
« on: March 29, 2004, 05:10:00 am »

While searching for something to entice my 13 year old nephew further over to the dark side I rediscovered Rancid.  I had forgotten how enjoyable they are.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Rancid Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 12:35:01 pm »

Rightly so!  Rancid and I go way back.  I progressed from them back to the Sex Pistols, the Damned,  the Buzzcocks, and the X-Ray Spex, and then through to Bikini Kill, then to full-on indie.  And I must have been 13 or a tiny bit younger when I got into them, so they're probably a very good call for yonder nephew.
There was a time when I didn't like talking about my "punk phase", but I still enjoy Rancid in small quantities, particularly 'And Out Come the Wolves', but also their "eponymous début".  Besides, they'll always have that thing where Matt Freedman is indisputably some sort of bass god.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Rancid Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 03:08:48 pm »

Rancid = good times.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Rancid Anyone?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 03:28:41 pm »

Ungh.

Have I just missed their good phase?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Rancid Anyone?
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 10:16:24 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Ungh.

Have I just missed their good phase?


Oh Christ yes, Slink, don't try to listen to their new stuff.  I find it embarassing.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Rancid Anyone?
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 03:58:10 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
'And Out Come the Wolves', but also their "eponymous début

These two albums are the bookends of their listenable phase.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Rancid Anyone?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 08:26:51 am »

I will try seeking souls later on after todays dose of bullshit.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up