Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proud to be an Asshole from El Paso  (Read 1033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Proud to be an Asshole from El Paso
« on: March 29, 2004, 05:29:21 am »

I had to flip a coin on what forum to place this one in.  I saw a good movie about Kinky Friedman this weekend.  This guy is quite a character. /understatement  What really struck me the most about this profile is how they were able to show that beneath his brash confrontational veneer lies a truely sweet soul.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Proud to be an Asshole from El Paso
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 03:26:49 pm »

Ah, Kinky's the best!
I've loved his books for a godo few years now, and met him at a signing (I have a Kinky Friedman guitar pleck from him). He is such a nice guy.

He's currently running for governor of Texas.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up