Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's up with John Mayer?  (Read 5283 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
What's up with John Mayer?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2004, 04:30:44 am »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
No allowance for Jurassic 5?  Also, this topic has forced me to find out if there were indeed the correct numbers of folks in MC5 and/or the Dave Clark 5.  Damn conventionalists.


Let's not forget Bobby Fuller Four

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What's up with John Mayer?
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2004, 01:39:58 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Back in my radio listening days there was a boy-band called 5ive (or something to that extent) that always tricked me up: Five-ive?


OMG, I thought I was the only one that pronounced it five-ive.  Not that I actually discussed this group with anyone ever, but I imagined I would be greeted by blank stares if I were to try to explain logically to a 10 year old girl (who else would I be talking boy bands with?) that 5ive should be pronounced five-ive.  I mean really, the ive is totally superfulous.  How can you listen to that crap anyway.  Oh come on, stop crying.

~Paul


At first glace I'd pronounce it either "Sive" or "lame"
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up