Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004  (Read 3822 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« on: April 01, 2004, 09:58:33 am »

john?
deanster?
ray's c*ck?
beef's wheelchair?

what the hell, 'Stad?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 11:08:46 am »

Just what the doctor ordered.
To keep up with the old expressions and all!

After the morning I had this was highly expected I tell you. Well...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: late at the alram clock company
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 11:14:36 am »

Quote from: "sailor"
ray's c*ck?


Gah!  It's obviously too early in the morning, as I didn't notice until I came here...
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 12:29:25 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out if this is April Fools' Weird, or Look at Me, I Am Onstad, Your Creator-God, And I Can Do Whatever I Want Weird.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 01:40:24 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I'm still trying to figure out if this is April Fools' Weird, or Look at Me, I Am Onstad, Your Creator-God, And I Can Do Whatever I Want Weird.


The latter of course. Onstad has always had a very low opinion of comics in general, and most webcomics in specific. The alt text says it all. Today, he is not the fairly successful and usually wildly hilarious Achewood. Today, he is Generic Webcomic #13531.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 02:39:49 pm »

That's some seriously roasted up and syndicated ding-dong.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 04:05:34 pm »

What the hell is an "alram" clock?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 05:27:41 pm »

best april fools ever
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 06:48:09 pm »

Syndication would be keen. Consistent bringing of the funny would be keener. Best of luck, 'O.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 09:04:59 pm »

He forgot to draw the barbs.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2004, 08:53:47 pm »

I want an alRAM clock. It would come in handy.

Beef -- er, "Deanster" -- in a wheelchair is both sad and entirely appropriate.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 10:04:51 pm »

Did anyone else notice that they're "John and Dean" - and Jan of Jan & Dean just died this week.

Also, the font he used is "Akbar" which is Matt Groening's handwriting (and of course the characters are also Groening-esque - it's those Bart Simpson eyes).

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 11:28:20 pm »

It's somewhere between Groening and the comics in any give college newspaper.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 11:35:14 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Did anyone else notice that they're "John and Dean" - and Jan of Jan & Dean just died this week.

Also, the font he used is "Akbar" which is Matt Groening's handwriting (and of course the characters are also Groening-esque - it's those Bart Simpson eyes).


So you are implying that this is in fact a new comic made to look like a primitive early "lost" strip, and not in fact what it actually is?

I couldn't decide, but your points have swayed me to thinking it's a new strip.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
late at the alram clock company - le premier Avril 2004
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2004, 02:03:25 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
He forgot to draw the barbs.


What I find interesting is that I and others are clearly able to accept a world where cats walk bipedally and talk, but get worried about barbed c*ckes.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up