Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I got a mullet  (Read 4413 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I got a mullet
« on: April 03, 2004, 05:57:45 am »



I discovered that mullet is a derogatory term.  I mean to say, that I know it's used derisively, but I thought it was the correct term for this hairstyle.  Apparently no, it's a cowboy cut.  The barber was kind enough to point this fact out to me.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I got a mullet
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 06:04:43 am »

The handlebar ruins the look I was shooting for.



There, that's better.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I got a mullet
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 07:07:57 am »

Congratulations, Paul, very few can pull that off with such panache.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I got a mullet
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 08:27:52 am »

It's the shirt that does it. Well, and the hair. And the moustache.
Wow.
I guess what stops that being a mullet is the fact that the back has some texture, and the top isn't cut as short?
And you're not English. If you were that would be a mullet straight away.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I got a mullet
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 06:12:51 pm »

Guys who wear mullets need to drive a camaro.  It's the official car of the mullet.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I got a mullet
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 09:35:55 pm »

I can't believe no one has commented on the striking background of this photo.  I enjoy the cross-cultural effect of the mullet and the Italian lakeside patio.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
I got a mullet
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 10:24:08 pm »

pmcd9, you are my new internet crush.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I got a mullet
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 09:37:50 pm »

Damn it, Paul, where's your hockey gear?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I got a mullet
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 03:01:12 am »

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned that you're a dead ringer for Nice Pete in that second picture, Paul.  Yikes!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I got a mullet
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 01:01:53 am »

Of course, you all have been to Mullets Galore , right?

Paul, I expect to see you hunted and permanently enshrined within a month. Good effort on the hair; that takes courage and a barber willing to take a chance on increases on his malpractice insurance....
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
I got a mullet
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 02:19:43 pm »

mullet picture link is broken :(

Anyone have it saved? Or pmcd9, can you repost?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I got a mullet
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2004, 06:27:18 pm »

All his shit is broken right now -  :(
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
I got a mullet
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 01:59:15 am »

Sorry, when I changed IP I forgot to notify my host of the new addy.  This is their way of saying my bill is due.  It'll be back up as soon as the money clears i'm sure.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I got a mullet
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 05:57:31 am »

Oddly enough, the photos have never not worked for me.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I got a mullet
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 11:47:58 am »

Jough = V.I.P.?
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up