Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone  (Read 8391 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« on: April 04, 2004, 05:28:31 am »

As the song says "You don't know what you've got til it's gone."  When Jough and JL, the sneaky devils, shut the board down for their April's fool gag it got me to thinking.  I never seriously thought the board was closed for good, but it was gone long enough for me to start having doubts.  And in it's absence I began to realize just how much I enjoy this little place.  So I just wanted to say thanks to Jough for hosting this board, thanks to JL for being such a good moderator, and thanks to all the rest of you for being the quirky bunch of oddballs that give me cause to smile on a daily basis.

Now, they say that in every lie there is a kernel of truth.  In his April Fools letter Jough mentioned the cost of running this board as a reason for shutting it down.  I don't know what the actual cost of running this board is, or if the ads are or are not offsetting the cost, but if Jough is paying anything at all to operate this place I say it's too much.  So i'd like to make an appeal to those that can, please hit the tip jar and put a little something in Jough's pocket.  He deserves it.

TIP JAR

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 09:10:26 pm »

Amen.

My brief moment of lack-of-board-induced panic was far too long.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 09:35:11 pm »

I straight up thought it was toast. I'm all sitting here, thinking "why didn't you check the board the last few days," all telling the fiancee that all my internet friends are gone, all ruing the day, all wondering what will become of Opus.

Overreact much? Not me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 09:37:10 pm »

Done and done.
Lets give these babies some gold-plated diapers.

Or at least try to keep Jough out of the poorhouse.

Seriously, I know I'm the new guy, but I really, really enjoy this board. Thanks to Jough and JL for all of their awesome contributions!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 10:57:48 pm »

I didn't really believe they'd do it without asking if someone else wanted to take over.  But I did consider getting a life just in case it was for real.

PS: It was recently revealed that Wombat's spouse has been lurking on the board, and he is being nagged to stop drinking all the good scotch without even contributing a lousy six-pack to the tip jar.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 11:15:56 pm »

I don't know what you mean about shutting down the board, but I definitely second the motion to hit the tip jar.  Jough has put an awful lot of time and effort into the technical side of this board, and I know that he's invested quite a bit of pocket money on top of it.  I know not everybody can afford to chip in, but to those who can, please do.  I've donated once before but really need to do so again -- as soon as I have a little scratch together.  

Thanks for such a sweet and inspiring message, Paul.  You're a real prince.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 11:56:25 pm »

I love all of you.

I just tipped.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 11:59:41 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I love all of you.

Hurt by the cold?
So hard, and lonely too?
Because we don't know OURSEEEELLLVEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS????

*GUITAR SOLO ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK*
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 01:52:26 am »

You guys are awesome.  I don't know why you'd think I'd want to shut down the board, but I appreciate the coin in the tip jar.  It has been getting more expensive this year to run the thing, as we're getting a LOT of lurkers lately.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to make the freeloaders pay their way while the regulars can get a free ride.  It's just hard to find advertisers willing to pay to advertise on a message board.

P.S. to Wombat: I hope you haven't gotten backlash from the spouse about certain steam-tunnel issues.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 02:03:57 am »

Quote from: "jough"
[W]e're getting a LOT of lurkers lately.


I find that so incredibly comical/perplexing/delightful/disconcerting.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 02:33:48 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I find that so incredibly comical/perplexing/delightful/disconcerting.

Yeah, who the hell is observing this bizarre, dare I say it, gumbo of personalities?

LURKERS, IDENTIFY YOURSELF!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 02:38:28 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "andalucia"
I find that so incredibly comical/perplexing/delightful/disconcerting.

Yeah, who the hell is observing this bizarre, dare I say it, gumbo of personalities?

LURKERS, IDENTIFY YOURSELF!


Uh, isn't this something like saying,

SHY PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!!

Oh yeah, and what Paul said.  I was already thinking that Paul was a prince of a fellow, and that sentiment just doubled it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 04:58:34 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I love all of you.

I just tipped.


Ditto.  

Let's try to keep Jough awash in green so we don't have to suffer an April 2 surprise for real.  

( Not that I believed the hoax for a moment.  Not me, no sir. Didn't spend a single moment pondering the life-void that would have ensued. I'm not going to cry, I'm NOT GOING TO CRY. )
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 10:27:35 am »

Quote from: "jough"


P.S. to Wombat: I hope you haven't gotten backlash from the spouse about certain steam-tunnel issues.


You may be disappointed to know that when questions arise as to what weird people I am hanging out with on the internet... your name has not come up.

I know, I don't understand it either.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Thank You Jough, Thank You Jamie, Thank You Everyone
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 02:56:49 pm »

He can't pronounce it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up