Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone watching The Sopranos?  (Read 2742 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« on: April 05, 2004, 09:08:38 pm »

So, this season has been one home run after another.  Is anyone else watching?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 12:39:37 am »

I've seen 2 I think....we have HBO on demand and in this blessed time zone, the episodes air at like 6:00 pm....so we have to wait for the combination of kid asleep and us still awake enough. I'm loving Robert Loggia and Steve Buscemi though.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 02:03:17 pm »

I watch it when I'm at work (free HBO). I think it comes on at 7:00 pm, because we get a feed out of Denver for some reason. I guess it's those damn NSA satellites watching us. Anyway, the episode that dealt with the landscapers was crazy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 03:45:57 pm »

I was a bit disappointed with last season, but I held out hope for this season since they left so many threads dangling at the end of the last.  So far, this season has been excellent.  

Also, you CAN NOT go wrong adding Steve Buscemi to anything.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 04:45:47 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"

Also, you CAN NOT go wrong adding Steve Buscemi to anything.


Yeah, he woulda been great in Mary Poppins.  I love that squirelly li'l guy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 06:33:58 pm »

He's delicious in pancake batter, I can tell you that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 06:44:55 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
He's delicious in pancake batter, I can tell you that.

See now until this point only my cough was keeping me awake at night. Now I have this wonderful little mental image to keep me up.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 03:08:58 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I watch it when I'm at work (free HBO).


Awesome. Where do you work? Watching the Sopranos and other fine HBO fare whilst working would frikkin' rule.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 03:34:23 pm »

Really quickly, cause everyone else has already heard it - I got to work for two weeks and stay there during that time. I don't actually watch HBO when I'm on the clock.
OT: Did anyone else notice Diamond Dave on the Sopranos the other night? Playing poker? I thought I was hallucinating.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 05:52:40 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Also, you CAN NOT go wrong adding Steve Buscemi to anything.


I don't watch the Sopranos, but I am Steve Buscemi's little sister.  

Not really, but doesn't this picture look creepily like him?  

 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 06:07:51 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

OT: Did anyone else notice Diamond Dave on the Sopranos the other night? Playing poker? I thought I was hallucinating.


Yeah.  I thought he looked only marginally younger than Robert Loggia, and Loggia's hair at least looked natural.   I hate like hell to admit it, but Van Halen chose the right singer for their 2004 reunion.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 06:28:48 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

OT: Did anyone else notice Diamond Dave on the Sopranos the other night? Playing poker? I thought I was hallucinating.


Yeah.  I thought he looked only marginally younger than Robert Loggia, and Loggia's hair at least looked natural.   I hate like hell to admit it, but Van Halen chose the right singer for their 2004 reunion.


It went right over my head, but when I saw his name in the credits I had to rewind and look again.  

The years have not been good to David.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 06:31:17 pm »

My sweetie and I saw a guy on the bus yesterday who resembled a young(ish) DLR. He got off at our stop, so we got to see his domicile. I was sad for him, but also amused. She thought he was a pro wrestler, but I maintain that he was a beer truck driver until he got that DUI, and now he works in the warehouse.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 07:48:04 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
My sweetie and I saw a guy on the bus yesterday who resembled a young(ish) DLR. He got off at our stop, so we got to see his domicile. I was sad for him, but also amused. She thought he was a pro wrestler, but I maintain that he was a beer truck driver until he got that DUI, and now he works in the warehouse.

OT: Around Christmas I was at a concert and asked a guy if he was Leviathan/Batista. Apparently it was his brother. I felt quite the Shemp.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Anyone watching The Sopranos?
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2004, 06:01:29 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I felt quite the Shemp.

OK, but remember, feeling Shemp is good!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up