Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April  (Read 2911 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« on: April 06, 2004, 02:44:11 pm »

This one is just like a critical overload of adorable. Probably because of actual Philippe narration -- can't you just picture him riding that bike through the streets?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 03:17:25 pm »

Philippe on a velocipede is indeed the cutest thing I've seen in weeks.

This is hardly a hiatus.  Great strip.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 05:57:13 pm »

I am reminded of Hi Monkey!.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 06:21:28 pm »

Peter now thinks Americans are even crazier than he did before.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 06:32:23 pm »

I guess it may be just me, but this just doesn't do it for me. That's all I'll say about it, to stem the tide of "if you can't say anything nice" and "fuck off, asshole".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 07:18:12 pm »

I'm with Nabu. I don't begrudge Onstad a vacation but this content is outside my expectations. I think I have a personal problem with reality and cartoon mixing in some kind of strange way. I like funny cartoons better. On the other hand, a break from the cartooning sometimes results in funnier cartooning afterwards.

Send your nasty comments by private message to spare the rest of the board.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 08:19:22 pm »

Pssst.... I didn't like it either.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 08:42:57 pm »

I have a personal weakness for pictures of stuffed creatures on vacation (using vast quantities of my own time and web-storage space on such, yet feeling I am unworthy to kiss Hi! Monkey's terrycloth feet) but I feel no need to send nasty comments to those who differ.  It is not for everyone.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 09:15:19 pm »

Full circle! Full circle! I have pictures of my own stuffed animal from a massive road trip - but to save you delightful people, I did not post them here. That, and I don't have the wherewithal to do so.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 09:53:04 pm »

Want to send them to me and I will sneak them onto my web site?  (That no good lurker spouse of mine has a lot of nerve complaining about my use of our bandwidth.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2004, 09:56:02 pm »

I would love to, but I should tell you to begin with that it may take a couple of days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2004, 10:13:03 pm »

No worries, folks. I mean, this is cute filler, but it's still filler, and god only knows you are not required to like any given strip even when it's an actual strip.

(I wonder where Opus is right now. Sigh.)
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2004, 12:19:44 am »

I'm not a big fan of this week either, but hey, he's still posting every day.

But there is no way Phillipe would ever say "kicking it". Even with quotation marks.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2004, 01:22:24 am »

Yeah, I like it too. But yes, Phillipe would never say "kickin' it", what the hell.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hiatus 2 -- Edinburgh part Deux, 6 April
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2004, 02:24:01 am »

Quote from: "sailor"
I'm not a big fan of this week either, but hey, he's still posting every day.

But there is no way Phillipe would ever say "kicking it". Even with quotation marks.

I bet Ray has been saying it and Philippe is trying to emulate him and be cool. Philippe doesn't yet understand that he shouldn't try to act like the other guys because that actually makes him less cool.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up