Like I've probably posted elsewhere on this site: The Doors were a wedding band with a drunk "poet" up front. The 1970s would not have been kind to them.
Morrison would probably have ballooned up to about three bills, and the other three would have continued on with a new lead singer...perhaps Marty Balin of the Jefferson Whatever, or a post-Montrose Sammy Hagar. They would be killed in a freak lightning accident at an open-air festival in Brussels; Morrison would subsequently slim down to 215 lbs. and appear on The Mike Douglas Show to announce his new career as a professional golfer.
OT: Not as awesome as the other strips this week, but still better than an actual hiatus.
OT: Strip not as awesome as this alternate reality description. I loved the Doors when I was young and on dope, but it's funny this came up, because last night I was singing to my sweetie (as I often do) and after I said "the monk bought lunch - he bought a little - yes he did" it ocurred to me that Jim was
not always putting them over the fence, if you know what I mean.
Edit: fairly critical edit, too (3 times to get it right).