Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Avatar Death  (Read 8647 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« on: April 09, 2004, 04:11:10 am »

It's gone! So where do I get a new one? Any suggestions? Anyone want to pick one out for my brilliant, bright, sunshiny self?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 05:40:13 am »

Dawg, you just find a picture and make it the right size. If you can't make it the right size, send me the link and I'll give it to you in the right size.

Or, you could google for "avatars" - these are some it yielded me.
avatarity
Cadfael's Avatars (?)
AvatarPage

There are some flash toys that let you build an avatar, though I've yet to see one which will let you save it. Here's one I built of myself:

...and the tool for that one's no longer online, I just found.

But here's a different one I just found that happens to be IE only *glare*: Dae's MSN6 Avatar Maker. I wouldn't recommend it, as this was about the best I could come up with there:


I'm rambling. Anyway.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 02:41:39 pm »

As I once did for Doomglobe, I have spent way too much time making you an excessively literal custom avatar.  You may use it, or not, as you wish.  I just had fun playing with photoshop.  The URL is and shall forever be:

http://www.x-omega.com/jamie/alohadawg.gif

And it looks like this:



I thought the bulldog captured your essence.  I had to cover up a spiked collar with the lei, which I found fitting somehow.  ;)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Avatar Death
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 03:00:04 pm »

Damn me for not hinting around at the fact I don't have an avatar. That's cool, JL! (Actually, I don't know what you could cobble up for my nickname anyway, as it's pretty abstract.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
Avatar Death
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 03:18:51 pm »

sounds inuit to me . . . i'd draw an eskimo for you but i'm pretty sure it would look like crap.  also it would have no color.

i have a few different avatars but they are all just for me.  currently i am using an actual photo of myself!
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 03:23:57 pm »

misterhaan, your avatar is great. I was using a photo of myself as my avatar, but I got sick of looking at my mug every time I posted.

Edit: I decided to go ahead and give one of my mugshots a try.

*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs!*
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Avatar Death
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 03:56:40 pm »

Quote from: "misterhaan"
sounds inuit to me . . . i'd draw an eskimo for you but i'm pretty sure it would look like crap.  also it would have no color.

i have a few different avatars but they are all just for me.  currently i am using an actual photo of myself!

That's you? I don't recognize you at all in that picture.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 04:42:54 pm »

Quote from: "misterhaan"
sounds inuit to me . . . i'd draw an eskimo for you but i'm pretty sure it would look like crap.  also it would have no color.

i have a few different avatars but they are all just for me.  currently i am using an actual photo of myself!

I kind of miss Legohaan from dumbrella
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 05:34:31 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Damn me for not hinting around at the fact I don't have an avatar. That's cool, JL! (Actually, I don't know what you could cobble up for my nickname anyway, as it's pretty abstract.)


Yeah, see, since I'm not a creative person, I can only do excessively-literal-interpretation-of-username avatars.  Except for mine, which is what I look like in my brain.  

Also, in my head, I sound like Eartha Kitt.  

Darling.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Avatar Death
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 05:44:42 pm »

Looking like that and sounding like Eartha Kitt - my sweetie is going to wonder where the hell I am when she gets off work tonight.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Avatar Death
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 05:58:34 pm »

How can one be on an Achewood board, and not have an Achewood-related avatar?   What the HELL people?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 06:01:06 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush"
Looking like that and sounding like Eartha Kitt - my sweetie is going to wonder where the hell I am when she gets off work tonight.


That's only in my head.  

In real life, I look like Steve Buscemi in drag and sound like Susan Sarandon.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Avatar Death
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 06:02:39 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Looking like that and sounding like Eartha Kitt - my sweetie is going to wonder where the hell I am when she gets off work tonight.


That's only in my head.  

In real life, I look like Steve Buscemi in drag and sound like Susan Sarandon.

Well, what the hell, that's good enough for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 06:11:25 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
How can one be on an Achewood board, and not have an Achewood-related avatar?   What the HELL people?


Um, it seems to happen all the time, Carlos....
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Avatar Death
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2004, 07:51:51 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
How can one be on an Achewood board, and not have an Achewood-related avatar?   What the HELL people?

I've been CortJstr since 1994 and this has been my Avatar since 1998 so I'm not likely to change either any time soon.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up