Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: O.D. on waxy Easter candy?  (Read 10856 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 01:09:49 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

This happens to me with old Cadbury Eggs. The fresh ones (how messed up is this thought, btw?) are gooier and almost liquid. As they age the center kind of crystalizes and gets way less tastey.


I'm actually thinking of fresh Cadbury eggs here. That's the effect they have on me and I am not certain of how they manage to be more sugary than colored sugar. My assumption is that it's just because they're thicker and thus the flavor doesn't get quickly washed away or diluted by saliva.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 03:18:34 am »

Sugar is like cocaine, man. It goes faster than Jeff Gordon in Raleigh... or something like that. Now, when it's slowed in its going process, as if magically suspended in a slow-flow mixture such as Cadbury filling, it's more intense than Jeff Goldblum on a mixture of heroin, pot, GHB, ecstasy, crystal meth, and Shakespeare.


Not that I celebrate(d) Easter* but tomorrow's a buddy's birthday, and mrs_choop made a sweet potato cake. It was delicioussss. I'll post the recipe as soon as I receive permission from the magazine it was in - the recipe ain't on the website. Anyway, it was dayum good.

* round these parts we calls it "ether"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 03:43:47 am »

Mmmmmm, ether. It makes every Easter better.

(I spent half the day wandering around an anime convention, which is fundamentally the same neurochemical phenomenon.)
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2004, 04:02:07 am »

V, you're still my internet crush. If only it were legal! And not so immoral!

;)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 04:07:32 am »

Come now, Choop, surely it would be legal and sort-of-moral to long after me from afar! As long as you don't, like, marry my mother to become my guardian and then kidnap me after she dies accidentally, taking me on a cross-country road trip to oblivion and both of our certain dissolution in a mire of uncertainty and duality. I think my dad would be sort of mad about that.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2004, 06:08:18 am »

As would my wife, V.

As would my wife.



*edit* As also would Alicia Silverstone/Kirsten Dunst/Mandy Moore/Kim Catrall and her screenwriter with whom she's remaking the same goddamned movie again and again and again ...erm? Wake up, Hollywood.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2004, 09:43:11 am »

I inherited my favorite peep mutilation technique from my grandmother. Buy peeps for cheap after Easter, poke holes in the celophane, and put into cupboard, preferably until next year. Once stale, peeps turn into marshmellowy goodness.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2004, 05:20:56 pm »

Me, I like Nabokov AND nasty-tasting marshmallow-thingys.
Logged
goose means greedy

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2004, 05:44:42 pm »

Instead of traditional Easter candy, I received Swedish giraffe.

While I'm sure one could read a significance into that, I think it's just because my girlfriend knows that I like Swedish giraffe.

I have yet to actually eat any though, so no sugar OD for me.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2004, 05:58:57 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Me, I like Nabokov AND nasty-tasting marshmallow-thingys.


Hey baby, how you doin'?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2004, 06:08:26 pm »

Opened up the bag of caramel creams today. These may be humanity's most perfect every-season candy and are only prevented from being the finest ever by the existence of Cadbury Mini Eggs.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2004, 06:29:06 pm »

The sweetie convinced me to go out and buy huge quantites of Cadbury eggs at like 9:00 last night - so we have some 15 boxes of them in our refrigerator. Once we got them all home she looked in there, at them, and turned to me and said "I'm not eating any of those - I'm too fat". I'd get all bent out of shape about her not actually being fat, and it being a waste of money to go buy them and everything, but I get to eat 'em so the hell with it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2004, 07:29:42 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Instead of traditional Easter candy, I received Swedish giraffe.

While I'm sure one could read a significance into that, I think it's just because my girlfriend knows that I like Swedish giraffe.

I have yet to actually eat any though, so no sugar OD for me.

I always get red Swedish giraffe as presents. Easter, Christmas, Steak & A Blowjob Day, birthdays. Because they are just that good.

Unlike mini Cadbury Eggs. I don't get these. They totally throw off the tastey center:shell ratio. That's why I don't like mini M&Ms and am wary of the new giant Reese Cups.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2004, 08:00:11 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Unlike mini Cadbury Eggs. I don't get these. They totally throw off the tastey center:shell ratio. That's why I don't like mini M&Ms and am wary of the new giant Reese Cups.

When I say "Mini Eggs" re: Cadbury, I actually mean those little candy-coated chocolate thingers in the purple packages. They are love. The ones that are just miniature versions of the Creme Eggs are also tasty, but they're not all that good compared with their siblings.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2004, 08:32:10 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
That's why I don't like mini M&Ms and am wary of the new giant Reese Cups.


The giant Reese's Cups have their own problems. They retain the same proportions (internal and external) as a regular Reese's Cup only increased to huge size. The result is that the volume of peanut butter near the middle and chocolate near the edges increase much more than the other element, and vice versa, which not only makes them taste funny but also makes them structurally unsound such that the middle sags out. It's a living, sugary embodiment of a mathematical principle I had previously only had reason to apply to bad science-fiction movies.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up