Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: O.D. on waxy Easter candy?  (Read 10806 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2004, 03:20:21 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Someone gave me a package of something called Bunny Corn.  It looks like candy corn, but in pastel colors.  Highly unnatural.

There is something wrong with this idea in a way I can't entirely give a verbal equivalent. Suffice to say it gives me the screaming fantods.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2004, 04:34:38 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
i had always found Easter Chocolate to be sub par as compared to every day average chocolate as found in a Hershey's Bar et. al.

maybe my tiny child-brane could not deal with the spatial anomalies inre: a hollowed out curved piece of chocolate in the shape of a bunny,
but it DID always SEEM to taste different to me.

plus, it was always so freakin' hard.

the most beautiful woman in the world connived me into trying those Malted Eggs.  that must be the most horrid tast SENSATION to ever be inside me.  it's not just that the taste buds of my tounge went "*wretch*", but every fiber of my body went "*wretch*", as in "you fookin' wretch, how dare you let this in, your diaphragm will now spasm painfully".

That hollow crap is not chocolate. I don't know what it is, but chocolate it ain't. It's not even carob.

I like malted milk balls but I had that exact same reaction the first time I ate cilantro. I've managed to supress it a bit now but it still happens whenever that vile stuff hides in my food.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2004, 05:18:30 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Someone gave me a package of something called Bunny Corn.  It looks like candy corn, but in pastel colors.  Highly unnatural.  It doesn't taste the same to me (even if I close my eyes), but that might just be because it's the wrong brand.


i'm intrigued by this, but i think part of the pleasure of Candy Corn is to eat it in order of the coloring, from tip to top.

if the Bunny Candy Corn is color-layered, then it would be more enticing.

not tasting the same- i have always succumbed to "tasting with my eyes" as my dad was wont to say.  i always tried to explain to him that it was more than simple visual stimuli, but the texture and shape of food as well.  he kept trying to make me eat Bubble and Squeak though.

so to those who say "you just psychosomatically don't like it" i say "no, i just psychosomatically don't like you, the food's just nasty."

i think i'm rambling again.  i'm quitting smoking, again.

this is not going so well.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2004, 08:15:51 pm »

Well, I mean seriously, and look at the name: Bubble and Squeak.  I'd say the appearence, however dastardly, is the least of its problems.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
O.D. on waxy Easter candy?
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2004, 08:41:21 pm »

Bunny Corn?

What the HELL, people.

And if I read Asherdan correctly, I'm with him. I LOVES ME some malt chocolate eggs. And whoppers are awesome but, I learned in college, not with copious amounts of Bacardi 151.

I thought I was dying that night.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up