Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Easter  (Read 6736 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Easter
« on: April 11, 2004, 02:05:05 am »

Hope you all suck a few eggs.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Happy Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 06:08:40 pm »

Go scare up some Eostre eggs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Happy Easter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 07:03:21 pm »

I'm avoiding Easter.
Particularly since without any real intention it turned out even worse than christmas day. Well, not worse. Better in some ways, just... Incredibly fuck*ng complicated.

I'm waiting for Walpurgis Night.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 07:50:44 pm »

Go bite the head off a chocolate mammal.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Happy Easter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 11:32:44 pm »

Spent my Easter in bed sleeping off a hangover, having spent large segments of the previous evening passed out at the marina after too much cheap Québecois wine.  I did get up at noonish and eat a small bag of chocolate Easter eggs though; can't say I didn't make attempts at festivity.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Happy Easter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 01:00:07 am »

OK. I just spent the rest of Easter talking to the girl I'm now seeing.
So all in all, it turned out OK. The complications are fun though...

Deary me.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy Easter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 02:25:34 am »

I spent most of Easter futzing around in Boston (yay Anime Boston) and am now tired.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 04:48:51 am »

I went to Church (twice a year!), then to dinner at my cousin's house.  Then we came home a worked in the yard.  Planted some veggies (two kinds of lettuce, turnip greens and spinach, plus 10 garlic bulbs), 10 day lilies and transplanted about a dozen lavendar bushes.

Tried to watch some Simpsons but kept getting interrupted.  I just bought Max Payne (right on the cutting edge, I am), so I played that for a while.  Now, here I am.  

Next, I'm going to take the trashcans to the end of the driveway.  How exciting!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 09:35:08 am »

Woke up, packed up, was fed my sweetie's spectacular buttermilk pancakes, played Mario Party with the aforementioned sweetie, then flew back home to have an existential crisis about returning from a wonderful spring break to the dismal prospect of finishing out the last 6 weeks of the school year. Coulda been worse. Now it's off to find mini eggs on sale. Mmmm...mini eggs.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 11:48:40 am »

I had Chinese Food.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 01:21:29 pm »

I once again had to explain to my grandmother that yes I had to work on Friday because it's not a real holiday and any company that actually closed would get sued so fast the building might actually spin around.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Happy Easter
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 02:16:34 pm »

Nothing says "Christ is risen" like a big ol' ham.  Thanks, Jesus!  Mmmmmmmmm... ham.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Easter
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 02:41:14 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I once again had to explain to my grandmother that yes I had to work on Friday because it's not a real holiday and any company that actually closed would get sued so fast the building might actually spin around.


Businesses can close at any time for any reason.  Why would your company get sued for closing on Friday?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 04:37:17 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I had Chinese Food.

~Paul


Me too.  Chinese buffet with lots of Chinese dessert.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2004, 04:49:51 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I once again had to explain to my grandmother that yes I had to work on Friday because it's not a real holiday and any company that actually closed would get sued so fast the building might actually spin around.


Businesses can close at any time for any reason.  Why would your company get sued for closing on Friday?

Because people around here love to bitch. They'd probably just compain and threaten to sue because how dare they close for a religious holiday. We even have to have a "winter break" because a couple Jehovah's Witnesses complained a couple years ago.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up