Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I got cornrows.  (Read 8636 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« on: April 12, 2004, 11:29:18 pm »



I love them.  Especially the color -- the extensions are this great strawbery blonde, which, when combined with my natural hair, makes my head shine like a new penny.

And the answer to your question is: three hours.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 11:31:17 pm »

Oh my gosh! Only three hours? That RULES.

Bo-Derek style for the summertime is so awesome. :)

They really suit you! Just make sure that you keep your scalp moisturized. Olive oil or shea butter works well, imho.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 12:04:43 am »

Very cool, JL.  

Although seeing your photo forced me to dig out this old image of myself.



Freaky hair for everyone!
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I got cornrows.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 12:12:11 am »

JL, I'm curious as to why you'd do that to yourself.  But whatever.  Have you been happily whipping your head around to make the individual braids fly around?

Is Pedro in for a new hair whipping tonight?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I got cornrows.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 12:56:11 am »

Very nifty, JL.  Me, I've affected Constantly Wearing a Fedora again in time for the summer, as I spent an afternoon outside and half the skin on my face blistered and fell off.  And cause I think it looks neat.   The hat, not the grotesque scarring.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 01:34:10 am »

Before I saw the long parts of the braids hanging down I thought you looked like a character from the TV show Alien Nation.  I mean this in the nicest possible way - it gave me a warm nostalgic feeling.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 01:35:35 am »

I thought "good God her head looks HUGE".

In a good way, of course.


:roll:
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 01:37:17 am »

For some reason that picture gives me a weird Rick James vibe (like there's any other kind of Rick James vibe...)

She's a very frikky gurl
The kind you don't bring home to mutha!


You're all right, JL.  You're all right.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
I got cornrows.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 01:48:51 am »

Hey JL, you're an alien Rick James with a massive cranium . . . in a good way.

There's really no other way to take that - I wish people thought of me as a big-headed alien Rick James. They pretty much just think of me as a big-headed human Tobey Maguire.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
I got cornrows.
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 02:08:11 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Hey JL, you're an alien Rick James with a massive cranium . . . in a good way.

There's really no other way to take that - I wish people thought of me as a big-headed alien Rick James. They pretty much just think of me as a big-headed human Tobey Maguire.


Don't forget to toss in the all-important Buscemi Factor.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 02:11:07 am »

And, lo, the board returned to pegging as a topic for the fourth time in a week.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 03:22:31 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And, lo, the board returned to pegging as a topic for the fourth time in a week.


bwahahah :)

<3
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 04:26:03 am »

Thank you, all, for your comments and compliments...however strange they may have been.  

My mother gasped and clapped her hand to her mouth; my father slowly and sadly shook his head, as if to ask "where did we go wrong?"  They are both convinced that this is "a phase."  The in-laws have yet to see me.  

I love them.  They make me feel young.  The woman who did them told me I had more hair than she'd ever seen on a white person -- it's very thick.  I've gotten several Bo Derek comments but not many Jane Child (who was my hair hero as a kid).  This was a long time coming, and I couldn't be happier with the result.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 04:28:26 am »

Get a bigass tattoo on your neck. Preferably the front of your neck. They will forget all about the hair.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I got cornrows.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 04:38:00 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
 They make me feel young.  


That would be because you ARE young.  You lousy, lucky damn kids ya!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up