Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Those About to Rock!  (Read 9361 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2004, 06:28:28 pm »

Animalicious will probably sound like a hybrid of Sigur Ros and the Langley School Music Project.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2004, 06:42:04 pm »

I didn't add in who was going to do vocals, because I knew it would be crazy. Everyone wants to be a lead singer.
Sooooooo....
Let's hold auditions!
Okay, we need MP3's of people singing. I'll host 'em, if you'll PM me. Now, the only question is...what song?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2004, 06:51:25 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I didn't add in who was going to do vocals, because I knew it would be crazy. Everyone wants to be a lead singer.
Sooooooo....
Let's hold auditions!
Okay, we need MP3's of people singing. I'll host 'em, if you'll PM me. Now, the only question is...what song?

I'd do a "choose the song you think displays your mad skillz" best sort of thing.

That said, now I'm sorely tempted to make an MP3 to audition. If nothing else, I could do the renditions of "King of Spain" and "Woodpeckers From Space" I've been using as audio weapons against Asshole Suitemate.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2004, 08:21:14 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Animalicious will probably sound like a hybrid of Sigur Ros and the Langley School Music Project.


That concept made my day.  I was in the process yesterday of trying to convince a friend that it is Inherently Wrong to start describing his guitar experiments as Pink Floyd meets Radiohead meets whatever else he happened to be into, and started trying to coin the best examples of that phenomenon that I could.  But you win.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2004, 08:36:15 pm »

For auditions everyone must submit an a capella version of "Tomorrow" from Annie and something in an impossible key signature and bizarre syncopation, like Sondheim.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2004, 11:24:43 pm »

If that's the rule I will definitely settle for being the dumb girl background singer with the stupid tambourine, because I am NOT singing "Tomorrow."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2004, 11:25:29 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I was in the process yesterday of trying to convince a friend that it is Inherently Wrong to start describing his guitar experiments as Pink Floyd meets Radiohead meets whatever else he happened to be into, and started trying to coin the best examples of that phenomenon that I could.  But you win.


Glad to hear that I win.

Sounds like your friend's burying the needle on the Pretentiometer. Tell him it sounds like ass meets badness.   Or tell him he needs to grow a pair and work on his two-handed tapping.   That should shut him right up.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2004, 12:39:40 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
If that's the rule I will definitely settle for being the dumb girl background singer with the stupid tambourine, because I am NOT singing "Tomorrow."


We could sing Madrigals and you could accompany us on the Madagascar Meat Whistle or whatever you call that instrument RenFestBoy was playing in that Pinocchio outfit earlier....Schwanz or something.....
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2004, 01:28:51 am »

Oh, great. Now we have to call an album "Madagascar Meat Whistle," possibly while posing in RenFeste-wear for the cover.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2004, 02:41:01 am »

Why is it all the talk of schwanz blowing goes on when I'm not around?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2004, 02:54:11 am »

I know this usually kills it, but I have to point out that this shit y'all layin' out is gold.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
For Those About to Rock!
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2004, 04:45:50 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Why is it all the talk of schwanz blowing goes on when I'm not around?


No one wants to compete with Alex Trebek, of course.

Somebody e-mail Michael McKean, Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer and give them the idea for their next bizarre Mockumentary:

RenFair! Madrigal sountrack, funny outfits and people who take themselves WAY too seriously, which is pretty much what those guys do best....

And, to be fair to V, the Madagascar Meat Whistle and the Senegalese Skin Flute could be a lovely duet, or trio if we include Wombat on the Schwanz. Or whatever that thing was called.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up