Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm a generally a patient fellow  (Read 7683 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« on: August 07, 2003, 03:28:04 am »

But, still no strip, and it's pushing midnight here in EDT-land.  Which is fine.  I'll wait, until tomorrow morning, if I must.

But I miss the update notes.  You know, like "Strip posting noonish PST" or "Still hungover, strip posting tonight" or "Fingertips gnawed by weasels, hard to draw, strip later."

An update would be nice.  I just hate being left hanging.

That is all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 04:09:51 am »

I miss the update notes quite a lot, too. Even if there was no strip forthcoming, it was nice to know why, and the notes also possess the dry, slightly weird wit of the Alt texts.

Besides, today would have had a perfect note: "No strip 'cause I'm the guy who sucks (plus I got depression)."
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 05:12:21 am »

NO STRIP AND NO EXPLANATION BECAUSE I'M SICK OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH MY FANBASE.  -- Onstad.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 05:15:50 am »

Based upon the quality of his body of work, Onstad receives the benefit of the doubt from me.  

We all have our demons, don't we?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 05:37:19 am »

Maybe he spent the day trying to make the Variety Hour not suck this week.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 06:09:29 am »

BLAH BLAH FREE BLAH BLAH BLAH NO RIGHT TO BITCH BLAH BLAH BLAH FREE BLAH BLAH.
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 06:10:18 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Maybe he spent the day trying to make the Variety Hour not suck this week.


ps this made me laugh way harder than the damn variety hour
Logged

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 09:06:53 am »

Quote from: "jough"
NO STRIP AND NO EXPLANATION BECAUSE I'M SICK OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH MY FANBASE.  -- Onstad.


Why are you so bitter?  Also, why are you such a dick?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 01:20:03 pm »

Well, still no strip, but at least an explanation this a.m.

It's a bone.  <sigh>
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 01:38:49 pm »

Quote from: "beverly"
Quote from: "jough"
NO STRIP AND NO EXPLANATION BECAUSE I'M SICK OF HAVING TO DEAL WITH MY FANBASE.  -- Onstad.


Why are you so bitter?  Also, why are you such a dick?


Amen.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 02:02:35 pm »

Whoa! When I checked this morning (8:30-ish, EDT) Not only was there no explanation, but also the Variety Hour was one item shorter. The sex thing was a late addition.

That still doesn't give me a sound card at work though.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do." — Joe Walsh
Logged

rstevens

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 02:53:56 pm »

please god, let there be a comic today so that i might forget that horrible theme song!

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2003, 03:03:49 pm »

BLAH BLAH BLAH FREE STRIP BLAH BLAH WE MUST ALL BOW DOWN AND KISS ONSTAD'S PUCKERED BLOW-HOLE BLAH BLAH BLAH IT IS FREE BLAH BLAH BLAH STOP BITCHING ABOUT A THING YOU GET FOR FREE BLAH BLAH BLAH I ENJOY EATING FECES IT IS ALL OVER MY NOSE BLAH
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2003, 03:59:46 pm »

Quote from: "keef"
BLAH BLAH BLAH FREE STRIP BLAH BLAH WE MUST ALL BOW DOWN AND KISS ONSTAD'S PUCKERED BLOW-HOLE BLAH BLAH BLAH IT IS FREE BLAH BLAH BLAH STOP BITCHING ABOUT A THING YOU GET FOR FREE BLAH BLAH BLAH I ENJOY EATING FECES IT IS ALL OVER MY NOSE BLAH


Thanks god you didn't decide to post that in the Tastes forum!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
I'm a generally a patient fellow
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2003, 04:26:13 pm »

Well, to do that I would have actually had to have... tasted... feces.

AN ABHORRENT THOUGHT TO BE SURE
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up