Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such  (Read 11610 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2004, 08:44:19 pm »

Speaking personally, I think all wrong-thinking people are right.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2004, 08:56:52 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Speaking personally, I think all wrong-thinking people are right.


I'd like to ask August what changes he would make if he were Hitler.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2004, 09:32:00 pm »

August: Don't attack Russia. Seriously. Keep the non-agression treaty. Also, this time, just kick the shit out of France. They really, really deserve it.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2004, 09:33:58 pm »

Gee, I thought I'd just pay some Dutchman to set fire to Lord Snowden.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2004, 01:24:34 am »

Debater mode.. on!

See, I think the problem here is in case construct. Is August supposed to make decisions as if he was a rational actor on Hitler's position? Or is he supposed to make decisions as if he was actually Hitler, with all the whackjobness that typically entails?

Either way, Russia = bad. Don't play that game, man.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2004, 04:36:44 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Either way, Russia = bad. Don't play that game, man.

Damn straight.
Wow, so I automatically assumed that "Achewood in the Media" would not contain very interesting threads, which goes to show you that assuming makes an ass out of you and some Chinese guy named Ming.
Anyway, my take on the matter is identical, apparently, to everyone elses at this point. If anyone listened to the Jon Stewart interview with Al Franken on Air America lately, they talk about it a lot: everyone has a threshold over which things, for them, are simply not funny. For instance, elderly Jewish people do not like jokes about Hitler, because that is their threshold ("understandably so," Stewart comments).
Personally, I don't know what my threshold is, although it's certainly understandable that it's rape for at least some women. Only recently have I found out how prevalent sexual assault is (friends of mine getting felt up on the subway, some dude grabbing my sister's breast), and that's freaked me out as well.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2004, 01:08:49 pm »

DON'T MAKE JOKES ABOUT THE GRAFFITI ON OVERPASSES TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

she will most likely NOT see the humor in saying "oh, so they give _great_ head, i'll have to jot that number down."
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2004, 02:05:43 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Debater mode.. on!

I can't decide whether to imagine you saying this like Kryten or like a Power Ranger activating part of their mech.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2004, 02:27:16 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
DON'T MAKE JOKES ABOUT THE GRAFFITI ON OVERPASSES TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

she will most likely NOT see the humor in saying "oh, so they give _great_ head, i'll have to jot that number down."

But... I don't want the world. I really do just want your half.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2004, 02:27:58 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Debater mode.. on!

I can't decide whether to imagine you saying this like Kryten or like a Power Ranger activating part of their mech.

I am not entirely sure, either, except that I think I might implode in shame if I had to be, say, the Pink Ranger. Because holy crap.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2004, 04:37:42 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
But... I don't want the world. I really do just want your half.


That's graffiti written on a bridge, not an overpass.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2004, 05:50:53 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
That's graffiti written on a bridge, not an overpass.

Growing up in the American South, you quickly learn the difference.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2004, 06:21:40 pm »

Really?  I grew up in a very southern town, but I'm not sure I know the difference.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2004, 07:23:55 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "arkabee"
DON'T MAKE JOKES ABOUT THE GRAFFITI ON OVERPASSES TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

she will most likely NOT see the humor in saying "oh, so they give _great_ head, i'll have to jot that number down."

But... I don't want the world. I really do just want your half.


the funny thing is, that my reaction of "wtf is she talking about" to your reaction to me saying "oh, so they give _great_ head, i'll have to jot that number down" is the exact same reaction ("wtf is she talking about") i had to her reaction to my saying "oh, so they give _great_ head, i'll have to jot that number down" which i guess just serves as a concrete example to NOT MAKE JOKES ABOUT THE GRAFFITI ON OVERPASSES TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

ever.

incidentally, an overpass is a bridge that has a road on it that goes over another road.  so, an overpass is a bridge, but a bridge is not necessarily an overpass.  i'm sure there are other definitions, but that's the definition i was going on.  definitely.

i think.

dammit, wtf am i talking about?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Stupid Women's Studies Professors and such
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2004, 07:50:54 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "arkabee"
DON'T MAKE JOKES ABOUT THE GRAFFITI ON OVERPASSES TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

she will most likely NOT see the humor in saying "oh, so they give _great_ head, i'll have to jot that number down."

But... I don't want the world. I really do just want your half.


the funny thing is, that my reaction of "wtf is she talking about" to your reaction to me saying "oh, so they give _great_ head, i'll have to jot that number down" is the exact same reaction ("wtf is she talking about") i had to her reaction to my saying "oh, so they give _great_ head, i'll have to jot that number down" which i guess just serves as a concrete example to NOT MAKE JOKES ABOUT THE GRAFFITI ON OVERPASSES TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

It took me three read-throughs to have any idea what you actually meant to say. I lose at life.

(Also, I accuse my parents of not adequately teaching me the difference between bridges and overpasses.)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up