Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004  (Read 5135 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 11:04:47 pm »

I noticed that too.  I think the speaker of the song wishes he had Jessie's girl, not wishes that he was Jessie's girl.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2004, 11:06:34 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Also mention something about the carrot.


This was my favourite part as well.  I read it as him making a mental note.
Logged
goose means greedy

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2004, 11:20:25 pm »

Beef being merciless is fabulous. This is one of my favorites.

Brain cheeks....hangover ham......too much gold to carry away at one time....
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2004, 11:59:37 pm »

Look again at Ray's glasses. This strip is rad.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

llimllib

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
today's strip
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2004, 12:20:52 am »

today's strip is so good that I almost registered to post about it here.
Logged
Peace.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: today's strip
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2004, 02:36:30 am »

Quote from: "llimllib"
today's strip is so good that I almost registered to post about it here.


Well thank God you didn't!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2004, 11:57:06 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I noticed that too.  I think the speaker of the song wishes he had Jessie's girl, not wishes that he was Jessie's girl.


on the topic of trans-gender song lyrics:  My guy friend had been dumped by his girl friend and told me he felt just like the guy in the song "Lola."  To which I exclaimed "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" But, no, this was not the case, he just hadn't listened to the song's lyrics all that closely.

More on topic: loved the "krink" effect of the paper suit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2004, 12:05:14 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
on the topic of trans-gender song lyrics:  My guy friend had been dumped by his girl friend and told me he felt just like the guy in the song "Lola."  To which I exclaimed "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" But, no, this was not the case, he just hadn't listened to the song's lyrics all that closely.

Wow. Maybe I'm just terminally confused, but I'm not sure how poorly you have to be listening to "Lola" to conclude that it's a breakup song about anything except the Crying Game thing. That's epic.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2004, 12:35:12 pm »

He thought the last line of the song was:

"I know what I am, I'm a man, I'm a man, and so does Lola"

rather than

"I know what I am, I'm a man, I'm a man, ans so is Lola"

one word, big difference.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2004, 02:14:27 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "jough"
I noticed that too.  I think the speaker of the song wishes he had Jessie's girl, not wishes that he was Jessie's girl.


on the topic of trans-gender song lyrics:  My guy friend had been dumped by his girl friend and told me he felt just like the guy in the song "Lola."  To which I exclaimed "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" But, no, this was not the case, he just hadn't listened to the song's lyrics all that closely.

More on topic: loved the "krink" effect of the paper suit.

Swet comic and everyonce covered what I like. However, "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" is a hell of a question to have to ask, isn't it?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2004, 02:32:11 pm »

Around these parts we refer to all transsexuals as "lolas."

Like, a friend of mine will note that a particular chick is pretty hot, and I'll inform him "Dude, she's a Lola."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Let me have my fun - 20 April 2004
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2004, 05:21:29 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "jough"
I noticed that too.  I think the speaker of the song wishes he had Jessie's girl, not wishes that he was Jessie's girl.


on the topic of trans-gender song lyrics:  My guy friend had been dumped by his girl friend and told me he felt just like the guy in the song "Lola."  To which I exclaimed "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" But, no, this was not the case, he just hadn't listened to the song's lyrics all that closely.

More on topic: loved the "krink" effect of the paper suit.

Swet comic and everyonce covered what I like. However, "you found out your girlfriend has a c*ck!?" is a hell of a question to have to ask, isn't it?


Not if you know my friend or his ex-girlfriend.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up