Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server Outages  (Read 2412 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Server Outages
« on: April 22, 2004, 02:40:18 am »

Hey kids,

If you've noticed the server's been slow or down over the past two days, that's due to the board's parent site (http://plagiarist.com) having a big site-wide redesign and inviting traffic by placing an advert or being featured in a story in a few magazines and online literary sites.

Meanwhile, as if the extra traffic didn't take its toll, I changed the layout of the URL strings throughout the site and search engine spiders noticed that there were now 250,000 "new" links on the site, and began banging the server like a back-room Thai whore.

Anyway, I think the initial wave is over, and things should be working much faster now.

Visitor traffic to the board is also up.  I guess the kids have nothing better to do now that final exams are coming up.

Please be courteous and genteel to our new guests - JL and I are the only ones who get to be harsh and cruel.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Server Outages
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 02:12:30 pm »

I'm glad the problems are on your end. I thought my job finally decided to add the board to its censorware list.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Server Outages
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 03:05:20 pm »

Alas, no.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Server Outages
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 04:08:10 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Alas, no.


Meow?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Server Outages
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 11:44:59 pm »

Damn! He said I'm ugly and my breath stank.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Server Outages
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 02:17:55 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Damn! He said I'm ugly and my breath stank.

I believe that word is spelled "bref".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Server Outages
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 01:03:24 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Damn! He said I'm ugly and my breath stank.

I believe that word is spelled "bref".

How's this: Day-amn!  He said I uglay and my bref stank.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up