Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking erect  (Read 20241 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Walking erect
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2004, 05:24:24 am »

Wombat: The full text of the billboard is "Do naked mole rats have nightmares about wearing #####?" and it's for the zoo.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2004, 05:25:47 am »

Whenever I read the title to this thread I want to call the bowling alley and ask them if they have 16 pound balls.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2004, 05:28:16 am »

Quote from: "jough"

Unlike Onstad, who of course will put his doodles on anything to make a buck.


Which is vastly more dishonorable than designing websites, flipping burgers or providing legal advice to a government agency to make a buck.

To say nothing of appearing on a damn gameshow!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Walking erect
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2004, 07:01:03 am »

True, but I never claimed that I wasn't a total man-whore.

Of course, neither has 'stad.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Walking erect
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2004, 04:29:58 pm »

Manwhorishness for all -- in our brand new 21st-century economy! Huzzah!
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Walking erect
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2004, 02:46:34 pm »

"'Peeing Calvin' Decals Now Recognized As Vital Channel Of National Discourse"

Holy shit, there's The Onion Premium now?  Paid access to the archives?  Boo to that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Walking erect
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2004, 07:42:49 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
"'Peeing Calvin' Decals Now Recognized As Vital Channel Of National Discourse"

Holy shit, there's The Onion Premium now?  Paid access to the archives?  Boo to that.


I hate when folks start charging for shit that I'm used to getting for free. Even though I'm just as guilty as anyone else of slamming people who complain about this, free shit should remain free, and it should be delivered in a timely manner. And it should be cutting-edge funny, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2004, 09:01:26 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
"'Peeing Calvin' Decals Now Recognized As Vital Channel Of National Discourse"

Holy shit, there's The Onion Premium now?  Paid access to the archives?  Boo to that.


I hate when folks start charging for shit that I'm used to getting for free. Even though I'm just as guilty as anyone else of slamming people who complain about this, free shit should remain free, and it should be delivered in a timely manner. And it should be cutting-edge funny, too.

The free section remains unchanged. The paid section has no ads and has extra non-newspaper content. Like Smoove B.'s blog and shit.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2004, 09:04:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure the "Calvin Praying" sticker was an attempt to fight back at the "Calvin Peeing on Everything" trend.  Like the "Truth" giraffe eating the "Darwin" giraffe.  I love how American's now attack eachother's opinions on the backs of our vehicles.

While Calvin isn't really a prime candidate for being co-opted by the religious of America, he is named after a religious leader, and the idea of the little boy praying to the man God is a bit more fitting than the image of him urinating on the Ford logo.  I mean, Ford may not be the best cars in the world, but pee is still for toilets, bushes, and fresh snow.

Personally, I don't think the end will come until we see a sticker depicting Calvin peeing on Hobbes.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Walking erect
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2004, 09:19:59 pm »

Whenever I see one of those stickers, I like to assume that the operator of the vehicle has a urine fetish. And then I like to ask the operator about said fetish.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2004, 11:34:14 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
I'm pretty sure the "Calvin Praying" sticker was an attempt to fight back at the "Calvin Peeing on Everything" trend.  Like the "Truth" giraffe eating the "Darwin" giraffe.  I love how American's now attack eachother's opinions on the backs of our vehicles.

I demand they mass market "My God Can Beat Up Your god" bumper stickers. I also found that was quite effect to yell at the people praying outside the March last week.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2004, 02:28:11 am »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
I'm pretty sure the "Calvin Praying" sticker was an attempt to fight back at the "Calvin Peeing on Everything" trend.  Like the "Truth" giraffe eating the "Darwin" giraffe.

Yeah, i'm sure that the Calvin praying sticker is meant as a refutation of the crassness of the pissing on variety.  It's like pretty much every other aspect of modern religious pop culture, which is basically a parody of secular pop culture.  Whatever you care to name; there is almost certainly a smarmy Christian alternative.  I think it's simply an attempt to recast the Calvin image so Christians can get in on the craze, but I think it sends a strange message.  Of course it's entirely possible i'm the only one that sees it this way.

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
I love how American's now attack each other’s opinions on the backs of our vehicles.

I actually started taking pictures of these bumper stickers once upon a time with the intention of making a photo study which I was gonna entitle "America's Holy War."

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

Personally, I don't think the end will come until we see a sticker depicting Calvin peeing on Hobbes.

Before the Calvin praying sticker came into play I was thinking the logical religious equivalent would depict Jesus pissing on sin.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Walking erect
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2004, 03:31:23 am »

The idea of Calvin-pissing bumper stickers being adapted to the Protestant thinker is glorious. I'm really tempted to go make one right now.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Walking erect
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2004, 03:50:09 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"


 Of course it's entirely possible i'm the only one that sees it this way.
~Paul


Not hardly.  Rave on, brother!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Walking erect
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2004, 11:26:18 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
The idea of Calvin-pissing bumper stickers being adapted to the Protestant thinker is glorious. I'm really tempted to go make one right now.


All that made me think of was a sticker of Luther peeing on the pope, which would nevertheless be a fine sticker indeed.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up