Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23  (Read 1779 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
« on: April 23, 2004, 11:36:56 am »

A bit of an anticlimax, really, but I still enjoyed this strip.

The real question in my mind: is Ray being honest, or is this a cover for having been so totally destroyed by Beef and/or spending all his money on currywurst?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 01:13:46 pm »

Lamb burgers or visiting the Berlin Wall. That is a tough call.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 02:11:01 pm »

Hey, I thought Lyle got a mouth for Christmas. Maybe he pawned it for booze.  Also, think he'll keep his promise about looking at cathedrals in a library book the next time he get's a chance?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 02:17:44 pm »

Todd absolutely would have a GG Allin concert on VHS (and I'm somewhat surprised that wasn't the inflight entertainment) and I think this disturbs me more than anything else about Todd.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 02:51:15 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Hey, I thought Lyle got a mouth for Christmas. Maybe he pawned it for booze.  Also, think he'll keep his promise about looking at cathedrals in a library book the next time he get's a chance?

He inexplicably is half-mouthed in this strip. It's very odd, really, and frankly off-putting.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 04:33:10 pm »

It's funny - when I first read this strip I guess I didn't notice that it was RAY in the shower - I thought it was Beef, and I was about to post something here about how I like Beef's newfound sense of self - but then its' Ray... so...

I think what through me off was the Beefesque all lower case in the first panel.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 08:14:08 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Todd absolutely would have a GG Allin concert on VHS (and I'm somewhat surprised that wasn't the inflight entertainment) and I think this disturbs me more than anything else about Todd.


That was the point that stood out for me too.  Excellent character reinforcement.
Logged
goose means greedy

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: Scampi and lamb burgers all on the grill -- 4/23
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 09:22:31 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
A bit of an anticlimax, really, but I still enjoyed this strip.

The real question in my mind: is Ray being honest, or is this a cover for having been so totally destroyed by Beef and/or spending all his money on currywurst?


I think it's pretty obvious that Ray's all tryin to get back on top of his game after all that humiliation.

and who cares if Lyle's got a mouth or no, at least he's gettin' a few damn lines for fook's sake.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: [1]   Go Up