Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Danger at 2 1/2 feet - 27/04  (Read 6645 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Danger at 2 1/2 feet - 27/04
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2004, 12:05:03 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am, in fact, a giant tentacled googly-eye.

And I know where you live.

Do you do birthday parties and/or weddings?

Possibly, but I need a down payment and an address.

(Strictly for the paperwork, mind you. I can use my psychokinetic tentacles to sense your fear and thus home in on the location, but if I don't keep a paper trail it really bites me in the strictly-metaphorical ass come April.)
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Danger at 2 1/2 feet - 27/04
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2004, 02:03:10 pm »

i am, in fact, apologetic for having had an oversized avatar.  
in real life, it's often that i've thought i dressed for the occassion, but hadn't.

it should be 80 pizexelz by 80 pizexelz now.  if it isn't, i shall cry at my pathetic image manipulating skillz.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Danger at 2 1/2 feet - 27/04
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2004, 03:23:50 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Does that mean that Pedro neither wears a helmet nor cocks his head at an odd angle and stares off into space?


I do both.  The head-cockin' usually occurs when my picture is being taken.  I'm pretty sure it's a genetic disease.

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Shit. Next you'll tell me JLD is not some sexy-ass secretary strumpet type like her avatar is.


I think her avatar accurately captures her "sexy-ass secretary strumpet" essence in cartoon form.

As a fun side note, my avatar is actually me as a professional hockey player.  I have a copy of NHL 2001 for the PC.  I took one of my photos and wrapped it around a player's head.  This was a screenshot after I totally iced some Canuck.

Freakin' Canucks.

You. Are. Rad.

Also, I am invisible.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Danger at 2 1/2 feet - 27/04
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2004, 04:29:57 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
It's about the game Angband

Ah, I thought it was just a color-variant of NetHack. Which is what all the real hardcore people play.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Danger at 2 1/2 feet - 27/04
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2004, 06:11:35 pm »

I wouldn't say one is inherently more hardcore than the other. They're seperate branches of descent from the ancestral Rogue with distinctly different play and design philosophies. I find that Nethack's extensive reliance on special-cases means that, after a certain amount of discovery, each iteration of play is less interesting than the one before it, while Angband is more reliant on consistent systems, making for more sustainable play. This is just my take, though, and YMM(and probably does)V.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Danger at 2 1/2 feet - 27/04
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2004, 08:51:37 am »

take it to the billard room, kids.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up