Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04  (Read 7141 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« on: April 29, 2004, 09:34:46 am »

Did my abscessed tooth pain wake me up at 4:00 just so I could be the first to comment on this awesome strip?  Favorite part, Beef has fired up the Weber to grill a solitary wiener.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 10:28:11 am »

From the very top drawer. Beef is having Ray's life at the moment - which has to be a good thing. Ray's contortions are beautifully visualised - that is EXACTLY the face I'd make if my secret Barbie Porn stash was rumbled.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:15:15 am »

Quote from: "pubdoggy"
Ray's contortions are beautifully visualised.


Very very agreed.  In a world where mouths are intermittent, this is a fine one indeed.
Logged
goose means greedy

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Re: Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 12:37:54 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Did my abscessed tooth pain wake me up at 4:00 just so I could be the first to comment on this awesome strip?  Favorite part, Beef has fired up the Weber to grill a solitary wiener.

~Paul


Absolutely. The best. Just him, a grill and a weiner.

But you know what adds even more to that? The fact that he's grilling in his shirt and tie.

Sometimes I wish that I could be Roast Beef. Minus getting shot all the damn time.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 02:21:55 pm »

That last panel is just priceless.  That look on Ray's face.  Beautiful.  Today will be a good day after all.

Sounds like Ray needs a little help from his friend.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 02:30:42 pm »

"I...I had to look a lotta stuff up for my advice column!"

And, man, isn't that just the classic excuse for naughtiness on the computer.  Umm, I was doing research, I swear!  My uncle told me once he needs to know what is out there so he can know what to protect his kids from.  Ha!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 02:51:29 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
"I...I had to look a lotta stuff up for my advice column!"

And, man, isn't that just the classic excuse for naughtiness on the computer.  Umm, I was doing research, I swear!  My uncle told me once he needs to know what is out there so he can know what to protect his kids from.  Ha!


I've actually gotten a similar excuse from a friend before.  Kind of a weird guy to start with, but it gets deeper when you hear him say, "I need it for research for my book.  My anime book."

"Would that be your blue-haired teenager with boobs the size of kick-balls in horrible bondage being sexually assaulted by an octopus creature  anime book?"


"Yes, I'm self-publishing."
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 02:52:28 pm »

I love how this is a near-total inversion of the Porno strip. It's a sign that Ray and Beef's relationship is changing, to Beef's benefit.

And that is rad, yo.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 03:07:28 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I love how this is a near-total inversion of the Porno strip. It's a sign that Ray and Beef's relationship is changing, to Beef's benefit.


Is Beef retaliating against Ray for shaming him earlier, even though it was only in Beef's dreams that he was called out by Ray?

Also, I was unable to locate any cake-smashing porn with a quick Google search this morning.  I'll have to try again sometime, because that sounds incredibly hot.  Maybe I could ask Ray to send me a link...
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2004, 03:51:09 pm »

Thanks for posting that link.  That strip is so beautiful!  Roast Beef!  That lady don't have no under##### on!

Is Ray getting dumber?  Or am I getting wiser to his dumbness?  If you remember the Simpsons from the first season and before, Homer wasn't that dumb of a guy.  He got dumber as the years passed, and some fans saw it as pandering to a dumber and younger audience.  Sometimes it seems to me that Ray gets dumber with each strip.  Not in a bad way, mind you, it's kind of a cute dumb.

I think Beef has just put up with Ray's crazy antics for too long, so he is beginning to get snappy with him.  I think he'll get over it soon.  It happens with a couple of my friends all the time.  I'll think I've had enough of their dumbass ways, but then I just get over it.  And I'm sure they are that way with me too.

I love how I am analyzing Beef as if he isn't a cartoon character.  I do the same thing with the Simpsons.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I love how this is a near-total inversion of the Porno strip. It's a sign that Ray and Beef's relationship is changing, to Beef's benefit.

And that is rad, yo.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 04:01:01 pm »

Quote from: "miles"

And, man, isn't that just the classic excuse for naughtiness on the computer.  Umm, I was doing research, I swear!  My uncle told me once he needs to know what is out there so he can know what to protect his kids from.  Ha!


I call that the "Pete Townshend" syndrome.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 04:20:50 pm »

How many other people here have had to do exactly what Beef is doing? I can't make it through a workday without at least one, "sigh, I'll be over in a minute."

But at least Ray is smart enough to know that he has spyware, which is more than I can say for most of my coworkers. Hell, I'm impressed he knows the term.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 05:54:53 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
How many other people here have had to do exactly what Beef is doing?


My coworkers here are mostly computer literate, though there was one woman who would always forward bogus virus warnings to the entire department.  She's a manager now.  

I did spend about a year and a half doing tech support for an ISP in Arkansas.  I'd guess the #2 most frequently asked question was "How do I erase my browser's history?"
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2004, 05:58:37 pm »

In 2004, I have no sympathy for anyone who surfs where they shouldn't surf while at work.

SAVE THE PORN VIEWING FOR HOME, LADIES

llimllib

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Typing through a napkin 4/29/04
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2004, 06:53:57 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
I'd guess the #2 most frequently asked question was "How do I erase my browser's history?"

And the #1 was?
Logged
Peace.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up