Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril  (Read 6801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Acanthopagrus

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« on: April 30, 2004, 11:54:06 am »

I've got to be first this time god damn it!

Despite the fact that I have no idea what is going on with this strip.
Logged
keh?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 12:51:52 pm »

You got to be first, but you forgot the date, son.

WHAT DAY IS IT TODAY?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 01:11:33 pm »

Man, Ray's in kind of a slump lately.  Takin' it in the dumper from LN.  Johnnie Cakes. Abbot and Costello.  Heh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 01:21:19 pm »

Man. Ray is just straight up getting beat down. I mean, not like he doesn't deserve a shot here and there, but dang. When it rains, it pours, I guess.

Who's next? Philippe?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 02:40:20 pm »

EDIT'D

And wow, Ray is getting beaten down. I figure Philippe abusing him next is only obligatory.

I do love the background of Ray making the muffins dance, though. That's just classy.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 02:53:52 pm »

I thought it was Potatoes and Charlie Chaplin, not Muffins and Abbott and Costello.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 02:54:12 pm »

I figure Todd's gonna kick him in the nuts, or something like that.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 04:29:30 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
I thought it was Potatoes and Charlie Chaplin, not Muffins and Abbott and Costello.

Quote from: "snpp"
Abe: Aw, feeling blue, eh?  I got something that'll cheer you up.[puts forks in two potatoes and makes them dance]
Jackie: [wheezes laughter]
Lawyer: [approaching] Sir, I represent the estate of Charles Chaplin.  I have a court order demanding an immediate halt to this unauthorized imitation.  Boys? [two large men grab the potatoes and forks and stomp on them]

I'm guessing he had LN get it slightly wrong on purpose. I mean that was so crazy long ago how can LN be expected to keep track of ancient history like that?

Icebox was a nice touch.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 05:18:37 pm »

"Whatever. Have fun being in or near the house."

This I will use. fuck*ng classic.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 06:05:33 pm »

I was about to post first when I looked at it this morning. But decided I had better things to do than spend 10 minutes thinking of something to say.
Now I wish I had just to have avoided someone essentially yelling ' FIRST POST'.
God I fuckin hate /.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 06:05:59 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
"Whatever. Have fun being in or near the house."

This I will use. fuck*ng classic.


If I ever decide to be cruel to my roommate in re: the fact that he is a shut-in, this is the form it will take.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 06:09:12 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
"Whatever. Have fun being in or near the house."

This I will use. fuck*ng classic.


If I ever decide to be cruel to my roommate in re: the fact that he is a shut-in, this is the form it will take.

Off-topic: if you choose to be cruel to your roommate about being a shut-in, first ensure that you are not equivalently shut-in. Also: do not include an implied rider about not being enough of a "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" fan.

two weeks to go in this goddamn suite.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2004, 06:40:22 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I was about to post first when I looked at it this morning. But decided I had better things to do than spend 10 minutes thinking of something to say.
Now I wish I had just to have avoided someone essentially yelling ' FIRST POST'.
God I fuckin hate /.


First reply!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2004, 07:00:39 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

First reply!

<SLASHDOT FORMATTING>

Nah, it's ok, since I know for a fact you probably won't run off into a spotty discussion over how much of an asshole Derek Smart is say.<BR><BR>

But maybe we can discuss Darl McBride being an asshole, or maybe Gabe Newell eating his sauce leak.<BR>

</.F>

Only because I did actually try to use line breaks when I started this.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2004, 08:58:04 pm »

Now, now - I don't come here to not understand the in-jokes. I come here to not understand the plain english. Tighten up, please.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up