Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril  (Read 6785 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2004, 09:05:45 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

First reply!

<SLASHDOT FORMATTING>

Nah, it's ok, since I know for a fact you probably won't run off into a spotty discussion over how much of an asshole Derek Smart is say.<BR><BR>

But maybe we can discuss Darl McBride being an asshole, or maybe Gabe Newell eating his sauce leak.<BR>

</.F>

Only because I did actually try to use line breaks when I started this.


Umm, what?

Is this in Glaswegian? Slink, you burnin' a fattie?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2004, 09:11:00 pm »

Every time I see stuff like this on the internet, I assume "the emperor has no clothes" and I figure a person could just type any old goofy shit and someone would say "word".

You know, it's all ching chong wing wong.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2004, 09:35:32 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I thought it was Potatoes and Charlie Chaplin, not Muffins and Abbott and Costello.


Quote from: "snpp"
Abe: Aw, feeling blue, eh? I got something that'll cheer you up.[puts forks in two potatoes and makes them dance]
Jackie: [wheezes laughter]
Lawyer: [approaching] Sir, I represent the estate of Charles Chaplin. I have a court order demanding an immediate halt to this unauthorized imitation. Boys? [two large men grab the potatoes and forks and stomp on them]


I'm guessing he had LN get it slightly wrong on purpose. I mean that was so crazy long ago how can LN be expected to keep track of ancient history like that?



LN's Abbot and Costello was a Who's on First reference in response to Ray's "That's a Who song."  LN got it right.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2004, 09:37:16 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Is this in Glaswegian?


No. Just my complaint about slashdot types, and the fact that I can't switch between forum formatting methods easily.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2004, 10:12:24 pm »

Panel 4 is a very nice Benny & Joon reference.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2004, 10:18:34 pm »

After reading it again, I think my favorite part is Ray's construction in panel two: "Ain't no parent in this day got no kid named at ALL Baba O'Riley!" Like the amount that a person has a particular name is modifiable. I just really enjoy that idea.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2004, 11:46:21 pm »

i particularly like the pause while saying not to take any nickels, as if he were wondering if it were a trick question or not, but then finishing with gusto (!).
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
What's the verdict on wooden nickels? -- 30 Avril
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2004, 01:56:53 am »

I've spent long enough on the Internet to be able to chuckle cocktail-party style at allusions such as this.  This both pleases and worries me.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up