Hells yeah- listen to this line-up:
Saturday- Paul Westerburg, Patti Smith and Sonic Youth. God bless public radio, who makes this possible for $20.
June- Bonnaroo, where I'm going to try to see all of the following:
Neko Case, Wilco, Calexico (should I see them? I don't really know much about them), Nellie McKay (I like one of her tracks, that "David" song, but she seems too "cute" to really take seriously. Fer chrissake, the back of her CD says, "Nellie McKay is a proud member of P.E.T.A."), Yo La Tengo, Mike Doughty (thanks Jough), Gillian Welch, Danger penis, Los Lobos, Grandaddy, Beth Orton, My Morning Jacket (for the umpteenth time- HOME TOWN REPRESENT!), Sam Bush Band, DOC MOTHERLOVING WATSON, Ween, Burning Spear, Taj Mahal, Femi Kuti, David Byrne.
Okay, here's what pisses me off about Bonnaroo- at about half of these shows, I'm going to have to cut out early or leave late, because there are a bunch of other awesome bands playing at the same time. But at f-in' 8:30 every day, every stage but one shuts down so we can all hear Dave Matthews & Friends, The Dead, or Trey "SOMEBODY fuck*ng SHOOT ME NOW, RIGHT NOW, IN THE MIDDLE OF MY 40-MINUTE GUITAR WANK" Anastasio. EVERY STAGE. Why does Neko Case and Wilco overlap, when there's like 9 hours of SUCK you could move them into? Hey, Bonnaroo-organizing dicks, maybe not EVERYONE coming to Bonnaroo LIKES jam bands? Perchance some people equate them with a circle of hell? Anyway...
August- Lollapalooza, New York City, where I'll be seeing (well, these are the people I'm excited about seeing):
sweet baby jesus MORRISSEY, Sonic Youth (for the third time), Le Tigre, Modest penis, the Von Bondies, the Walkmen (who actually came in to my work the other day, with the French Kicks, the Flaming Lips, the Coup...
AND THE MOTHER LOVING PIXIES.
Dang, man....this is going to be a hell of a summer.