Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Place Theme Tune  (Read 7302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« on: August 07, 2003, 01:41:55 pm »

Sing along if you will:

Quote
CHORUS:
I'm taking Ray's advice,
trying to make it nice
to be myself
but I need Ray's Help.

What should I drink?
What should I smoke?
Does she wanna french with me?
How am I gonna know?

What should I wear?
What can I say?
Should I move to Thailand?
Please tell me Ray!

I'm taking Ray's advice,
I'm trying to make it nice
to be myself
but I need Ray's Help.

I'm taking Ray's advice
cos' I know that Ray is wise
'bout important stuff
like alcohol and drugs and love
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 01:50:29 pm »

Dang I wish our computers at work had sound
Logged

captainimpossibles

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 01:59:51 pm »

Play it as a continous loop to someone strapped in a chair with their ears wired open.
Soon. They shall be taking Ray's advice. Soon.
Logged

Schabe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
    • http://www.automatictaxistop.com/schabe
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 02:18:55 pm »

It is shiny and good!
Logged
"Wish I was as cool as Calvin / This sort of thing wouldn't bother me" - TMJ

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 04:40:06 pm »

Pubdoggy, you are a serious freakazoid to have transcribed the lyrics.

Nicely done.  You get a treat.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 04:41:16 pm »

The treat will be that life is awesome.  

Damn, where did that come from?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 06:00:33 pm »

Soon there will be a techno remix a la "Ray's Place (BT vs Juno Reactor Six Ways from Sunday Reconstruction).mp3" on Kazaa.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 06:38:17 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Soon there will be a techno remix a la "Ray's Place (BT vs Juno Reactor Six Ways from Sunday Reconstruction).mp3" on Kazaa.


Dammit! Now I wish I had Black Jesus' new e-mail address.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 06:40:00 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Soon there will be a techno remix a la "Ray's Place (BT vs Juno Reactor Six Ways from Sunday Reconstruction).mp3" on Kazaa.


I'll open Reason up now! Hell, why else am I doing always doing music but to do comedy remixes (though very serious and pretentious a la all techno remixes)
I'll post an url later! (k, little longer, it's not an easy one to split up into useful samples :S)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2003, 03:45:30 am »

Meh.

Would have been much cooler had it been an unsolicited contribution; however, we know it was ...well, not commissioned per se, but at least discussed a priori.

Is it just me or is the text size on all of his written "humo(u)r" pieces ridiculously large? I have to super-shrink it to avoid getting a headache. It's like msnbc.com above the fold.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2003, 04:01:40 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Is it just me or is the text size on all of his written "humo(u)r" pieces ridiculously large? I have to super-shrink it to avoid getting a headache. It's like msnbc.com above the fold.


When I look at work (IE 5 on NT4) it looks fine, but when I read them at home (IE 6 on Win98) it has SuperBOLD! syndrome. I dunno what's up.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2003, 04:06:30 am »

probably a CSS instruction. I'll check.


*checks*...


ahh, yes.
Code: [Select]
.ray {
font-family: Georgia, Times, Garamond, Serif;
font-size: medium;
color: #000000;
line-height: 120%;
}
.rayTitle
{
font-size:   16px;
font-style:  italic;
font-weight: bold;
}


Any web developer knows there must be a "correcting" size set for IE5.5+ or "medium" is far, far too big. And 16px, italic, bold, is just plain going to ruin the internet.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2003, 04:11:20 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Meh.

Would have been much cooler had it been an unsolicited contribution; however, we know it was ...well, not commissioned per se, but at least discussed a priori.

This is true. This is very, very true.

That said... I like this. It's insubstantial and sort of silly, but it's reasonably nice-sounding. Wouldn't want to loop it on my playlist for five solid hours, but it coming up ever so often on randomized Winamp will be a Good Thing(tm).
Logged

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2003, 07:31:12 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Pubdoggy, you are a serious freakazoid to have transcribed the lyrics.

Nicely done.  You get a treat.


I was sprinting to get that done, thinking that the majority of posters here were gonna beat me to it. Now I know I'm a sad little man with very little to do in his day. Is that my treat? because it's RUBBISH.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2003, 12:57:48 pm »

I finally listened to the song last night and I thought it was pretty good. For what it was I thought it fit it's format nicely. Not random like when TMBG wrote a theme song called Oranges, more on-topic.

But it was no Fett's Vette by MC Chris.

My backpack's got jets / I'm Bobba the Fett / I bounty hunt for Jabba Hutt / to finance my Vette
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up