Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Place Theme Tune  (Read 7292 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2003, 06:58:59 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I finally listened to the song last night and I thought it was pretty good. For what it was I thought it fit it's format nicely. Not random like when TMBG wrote a theme song called Oranges, more on-topic.

See, I actually could have used a little more of the randomness. Oranges was more or less on-topic, just skewed, and was actually enjoyable outside of its context as a theme/shill; the Ray's Place song... is just kind of asking Ray for advice on things Ray gets asked about a lot. On further listen, it feels like a bit of a rush job.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2003, 07:25:29 pm »

I think the biggest problem with the song is that it's presumptuous.

Think of the first line: "I'm takin' Ray's advice..."

Personally, I would probably not really follow anything "Ray" had to say.  We ask questions to get the funny answers, not to actually improve the quality of our lives (and I'll save the argument that making me laugh week after week improves the quality of my life, as that's a GIVEN).

So really it should be I'm "seeking" Ray's advice, or I'm writing in to see my letter anonymously in print, or something like that.

In fact, I'm going to make my OWN theme song for Ray this weekend and put it up here.

So there. :P

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2003, 08:23:24 pm »

I liked it.  It's got a good beat, you can dance to it.  I'd give it a 10.  

Damn guys what's your problem that nobody came up with this before?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2003, 07:27:21 pm »

Quote
probably a CSS instruction. I'll check.


*checks*...


ahh, yes.
Code:
.ray {
font-family: Georgia, Times, Garamond, Serif;
font-size: medium;
color: #000000;
line-height: 120%;
}
.rayTitle
{
   font-size:   16px;
   font-style:  italic;
   font-weight: bold;
}


Any web developer knows there must be a "correcting" size set for IE5.5+ or "medium" is far, far too big. And 16px, italic, bold, is just plain going to ruin the internet.


If the text size issue is fixed next week we will have our proof that Onstad reads this board.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2003, 08:02:35 pm »

Maybe I've only never noticed the scary size of the text because of the size of my screen. I was shocked to discover that to print out this issue would take 17 pages. Yea, that includes stupid printing method that leaves about 3 pages with nothing but an image on it, but even so!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Ray's Place Theme Tune
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2003, 10:23:39 am »

I have the song on my winamp playlist; so far, it's only played once and I listen to winamp on random a lot - hmm winamp must not like it :\

---

It's good I don't print often!  the page looks fine in my browser ..hm.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up