Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: STYX Tickets!  (Read 4596 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« on: May 05, 2004, 01:12:56 am »

Anybody else seeing the banner adds for Styx tickets and thinking, "Man, I wish I had me some Styx tickets so's I could hear 'em play that rockin' Renegade song."

I didn't think so.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 02:10:44 am »

I'm moving this to Conservatory just to be safe and also because I have become mad with power re: the "move" button lately.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: STYX Tickets!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 02:36:29 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Anybody else seeing the banner adds for Styx tickets and thinking, "Man, I wish I had me some Styx tickets so's I could hear 'em play that rockin' Renegade song."


Oooh!  Me!  

Quote
I didn't think so.


Oh, I get it.  You were poking fun.  

I mean, I certainly don't own several Styx albums, on purpose.  

Sheesh.  This is why I still haven't mailed my mix disk.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: STYX Tickets!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 03:17:24 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Anybody else seeing the banner adds for Styx tickets and thinking, "Man, I wish I had me some Styx tickets so's I could hear 'em play that rockin' Renegade song."


Oooh!  Me!  

Quote
I didn't think so.


Oh, I get it.  You were poking fun.  

I mean, I certainly don't own several Styx albums, on purpose.  

Sheesh.  This is why I still haven't mailed my mix disk.


See, I'm allowed to poke fun, because I too own several Styx albums... on 8-track!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 03:20:20 am »

Also, I originally posted it where I did because that was where I saw the Styx banner.  Sorry, I've been facing long nights and impossible odds lately.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 03:40:58 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also, I originally posted it where I did because that was where I saw the Styx banner.  Sorry, I've been facing long nights and impossible odds lately.


I was gonna post that Styx bashing is really lame.  Here's your gun, there's a barrel full of giraffe.  But you sir, made me laugh.

Also, I own all of that lame shit too.  Styx, Journey, Bryan Adams, Meatloaf,  You name it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 04:06:42 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also, I originally posted it where I did because that was where I saw the Styx banner.  Sorry, I've been facing long nights and impossible odds lately.


I was gonna post that Styx bashing is really lame.  Here's your gun, there's a barrel full of giraffe.  But you sir, made me laugh.

Also, I own all of that lame shit too.  Styx, Journey, Bryan Adams, Meatloaf,  You name it.

~Paul


Domo Arigato

I think that's how you spell it... ching chong, wing wong, etc...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 04:16:30 am »

Heh: I was sitting in my cube today when all of a sudden I heard a bunch of Asian multilogue coming from the nearby "meeting area." Now, the only place I usually hear this is in dialogue form in the break room at lunch time, since I work for the state, and the state hires more minorities than Nike, it seems (please read no bias into that). This turns out to be a group of consultants or interns or something, they're here for a very short time (week or two).

My boss turns to me - he doesn't read Achewood -- also nobody else was standing there - and says, "What are they talking about? It's all ching long wing kong, I can't understand it."

Anyway, it was close enough to double me over until I could sit back in my cube. I showed him the very strip, and he understood *at what* I was laughing, but not exactly *why.*

Just thought I'd share.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 04:25:31 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
since I work for the state,


Me too.

Government work rocks!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 04:34:20 am »

short shameful styx confession:

my sister had 2 (two) lp's on vinyl.  we had no tapes, and *gasp* this was before cd's *.

these albums were: Rick Springfield's Working Class Dog, and Styx's Mr. *****o album.

these albums were the "the bomb" for my fragile little brane at the time, because Casey Casem's voice really freaked me out.  (also, keep in mind the first "album" (tape from a cut out bin) i ever bought was Genesis' ABACAB).

now, the confession:  Looking at the Artwork within the LP, and not really gathering the notion of a "concept rock opera", i kept thinking jail wouldn't really be so bad, what with the cool *****s, AND THE KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN.


ps-
i hope it was Kentucky Fried Chicken.  if not, i'm going to have to find a better analyst.


*(wow.  that's the first time i realized i grew up without cd's.  i think i'm feeling honestly old and for the first time of my life, behind the times.  it took me awhile to deal with people born in the 80's drinking.  the other day i realized that people born in the 90's are driving.  i could cope.  but i grew up before cd's, and now these punk asses are asking me why i don't have an mp3 player.  (i remember john denver on 8track in my dad's beetle.)).
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 05:03:39 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
since I work for the state,


Me too.


Why does it feel like we've had this conversation? Like a full 20% of a bunch of people on some forum I frequent work for the state. Does this comply with the general statistics?

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Government work rocks!


No, it doesn't. Government benefits rock. 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 3 weeks sick leave, all in one year. That rocks.


edit for clarification and general expansion
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: STYX Tickets!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 01:16:46 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Anybody else seeing the banner adds for Styx tickets and thinking, "Man, I wish I had me some Styx tickets so's I could hear 'em play that rockin' Renegade song."


Oooh!  Me!  

Quote
I didn't think so.


Oh, I get it.  You were poking fun.  

I mean, I certainly don't own several Styx albums, on purpose.  

Sheesh.  This is why I still haven't mailed my mix disk.


See, I'm allowed to poke fun, because I too own several Styx albums... on 8-track!

If you don't own the original, laser-cut vinyl version of Paradise Theater, you ain't shit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 02:16:24 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

My boss turns to me - he doesn't read Achewood -- also nobody else was standing there - and says, "What are they talking about? It's all ching long wing kong, I can't understand it."

This is beautiful. Just gorgeous.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 04:32:08 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
No, it doesn't. Government benefits rock. 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 3 weeks sick leave, all in one year. That rocks.

Dammit! The FDA outsources to my company. So we're doing gov't work but only get off for the 6 "real" holidays. But I do get 3 weeks + 1 of personal so I guess it all works out.

[Edit: I'm a shoe now, bitch!]
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2004, 04:41:20 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

[Edit: I'm a shoe now, bitch!]

Congratulations. My sabbatical has really cost me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up