Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Men and Women.  (Read 9823 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Men and Women.
« on: May 05, 2004, 02:47:33 am »

So the Spouse and I were talking the other day, and he told me about a strange thing that occurred to him.  He walked into the bedroom, saw the neatly made bed, and thought, "Wow, that really looks nice and welcoming.  I'm glad that gets done every day."  



Then he realized, a few minutes later, that the reason the bed was made is because I made it.  Just like I did the day before, and the day after, and every day since we put the house on the market.  



Then he thanked me for making the bed.  





And men wonder why housewives are always complaining about being under-appreciated.  Holy jeez.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Men and Women.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 03:45:02 am »

Any husband who fails to thank his wife for a routine task completed fails in his marriage.

I happen to thank my wife by cooking dinner and washing and unloading the dishes quite often, and (not as quite) often on the same night. I also do the floor-sweeping and manage the garbage situation. She swears, and I'm still not sure how much I believe her, that she enjoys doing laundry

Then there are the verbal thanks. These are mandatory. Newlywed males, heed my advice!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Men and Women.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 04:02:57 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Blah Blah Blah, yackity, schmackity...


Shouldn't you be making Pedro a sandwich now or something?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Men and Women.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 06:27:36 am »

Barefoot.

Pregnant.

In the kitchen.

And of course speaking only when spoken to by her man.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Men and Women.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 12:56:03 pm »

My wife makes her side of the bed, and leaves mine undone until I do it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Men and Women.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 01:27:48 pm »

When I'm home, I make the bed, do laundry, cook, do the miscellaneous cleaning, and run the errands. Why? Because I have no job when I am home, and because blow-jobs don't perform themselves (not for me, anyway).

The thanks ought to go both ways. But I'm a little surprised by this, I think. Pedro, tighten up.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Men and Women.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 02:19:55 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
My wife makes her side of the bed, and leaves mine undone until I do it.

Man, how do you even make half the bed? I am befuddled.

Anyway -- my SO was just up for the weekend-and-change, and while I was at class, he actually cleaned up the room. He is also capable of soaking stained shirts, folding laundry neatly, and reminding me that I have left my hooded sweatshirt in the sink.* If the actual relationship falls through, I think I may have to hire him on as a housekeeper, because otherwise I will disintegrate into individual molecules of disgusting if left on my own recognizance.

And yes, I thanked him.

* It was right after Japanese, and I was very tired, okay?
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Men and Women.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 04:05:23 pm »

My check came in last week.  I haven't received a thanks for working last month yet, but I'll be keeping my ears open.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Men and Women.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 04:15:23 pm »

My sweetie thanks me for working (since I make like 5 times as much as she does and she couldn't go to school otherwise). She also thanked me, yesterday, for repairing the bed frame.

I wasn't trying to dog you, Pedro, it just sort of sounded like you thought your bed was being remade by naked mole rats/pierced lemurs/red-handed tamarins.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Men and Women.
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 04:40:56 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Barefoot.

Pregnant.

In the kitchen.

And of course speaking only when spoken to by her man.

See there's an inherent flaw in this line of reasoning. Because if she can speak only when spoken how is she going to ask, "may I please get on my knees and pleasure you?"

Anyway, back in reality. We just leave the bed unmade unless a parental unit is visiting. But I do laundry, dishes, floors, and 3/4 of the grocery shopping.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Men and Women.
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 04:45:47 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Because if she can speak only when spoken how is she going to ask, "may I please get on my knees and pleasure you?"


She will have to rely on gestures to get the point across.  I leave it to you to determine which gestures.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Men and Women.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 04:59:56 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Because if she can speak only when spoken how is she going to ask, "may I please get on my knees and pleasure you?"

Does this question ever actually need to be asked? I think the answer can be assumed in 99.99% of cases.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Men and Women.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 06:12:17 pm »

Someday I'm going to catch those bed-making tamarins red-handed, indeed.

We have a rule that the bed is made by the last person to get out of it.  The first person can't, since the remaining person would be in the way.  Being newly unemployed I have fortunately discovered that if I get up and continue sleeping on the couch, the bed gets made.  It turns out I just need to be out of it, not awake.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Men and Women.
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 06:29:27 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Someday I'm going to catch those bed-making tamarins red-handed, indeed.

We have a rule that the bed is made by the last person to get out of it.  The first person can't, since the remaining person would be in the way.  Being newly unemployed I have fortunately discovered that if I get up and continue sleeping on the couch, the bed gets made.  It turns out I just need to be out of it, not awake.

That's how you make logic work for you!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Men and Women.
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2004, 06:41:35 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I wasn't trying to dog you, Pedro, it just sort of sounded like you thought your bed was being remade by naked mole rats/pierced lemurs/red-handed tamarins.


No offense taken.  Some part of my brain did seem to think that looking nice and pretty after being slept in is just something our bed did.  Apparently that's not the case.  

Seriously, JL is a wonderful housemate (as well as a few other things), and I really love my job, so it's not like I should receive daily accolades.  I just think it's silly that the person who works outside the house is required to hand out thanks to the person who works inside the house as if they're not both in it together.  I generally do thank Jamie for a whole bunch of stuff, and when more is required of me than what goes down at the office, I've gotten a lot better at pitching in.  I also put the seat down.

Just every once in a while, my brain entertains the idea that Jamie eats bon-bons and plays videogames all afternoon, and my supper makes itself.  Apparently this isn't the case.  So as for last night's fajitas, for cleaning and vacating the house this afternoon for potential buyers, for buying our Mothers' Day gifts this year, for sleeping naked, and for telling your internet friends to like me, darling my 100th post is for you.

Also my carnal stump is for you.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up