Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004  (Read 2660 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« on: May 05, 2004, 11:20:04 am »

I am not usually one to complain about my free entertainment, but lately I have been thinking about how I miss Philippe.

I know this is not really about today's strip.  Carry on.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 12:54:16 pm »

Beef all lettin' his out-of-work porn star creativity wander, and Teodor and Ray just letting him go.

Perhaps I'll drive to LA and trade the wife's Jetta for a convertible Mustang.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 01:07:31 pm »

It's supposed to be "all barrel for a suit". Peter North selling brushes door to door in a barrel and coconut outfit . . . actually, I think I've seen that porno.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pierced lemur

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 01:50:05 pm »

"Some crude semblance of a business-like derby"

Beautiful.

I think this will be the next big trend.
Logged
Many ladies wake to but single rose and and click of the closink door.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 03:14:26 pm »

It is some of Beef's finest dialogue today, though I can sympathise with you missing Philippe. Since now that you mention it...
But I am trying to be well behaved. He can do what he wants!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 03:23:27 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
But I am trying to be well behaved.


Sure you're being well behaved, Slink... if that is your real name!!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 03:57:10 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

Sure you're being well behaved, Slink... if that is your real name!!


I told people I changed it to Bilbo Farnskworth for a few hours first, just to test the waters.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 04:27:42 pm »

I'm going to have to question my cousin about his '86 Mustang convertible now. Maybe his environment clean-up of Ft. Detreich is just a cover story for boning Bunny Love and Aurora Snow.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 04:29:56 pm »

Further proof Onstad's never been to L.A.  Feel free to substitute "silver Porsche Boxster" for every Mustang reference in today's strip.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 04:45:20 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"

Sure you're being well behaved, Slink... if that is your real name!!


I told people I changed it to Bilbo Farnskworth for a few hours first, just to test the waters.

Bilbo Farnksworth is also a fabulous name, man. It's just... just glorious, really.

Beefly monologues are an automatic win in my book. I also like the general return to gag strips; it's a pleasant change from the Giant Plot What Onstad Won't Let Die And Eventually Fails to Resolve.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Denver boot on his convertible Mustang - May 5 2004
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 06:29:51 pm »

Heh. The legacy of my fair city -- the Denver boot.

Beef is so awesome. I keep getting this hilarious mental picture of an angry porn star, hopped up on gak, pulling a Homer and trying to drive with the boot on his/her Late-Model Mustang Convertible. Heh. Classic.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up