Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004  (Read 5918 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2004, 05:26:08 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Oh no.  I realized I was assuming without evidence that Ancient Situation was a real product  - but Google reveals no evidence of it.  I am heartbroken. I really wanted to go out and buy some.


I think it's a reference to the Bourbon "Ancient Age", which is made at a distillery I pass to and from work each day.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2004, 06:01:28 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

I think it's a reference to the Bourbon "Ancient Age", which is made at a distillery I pass to and from work each day.
 

This is a tragically less interesting name.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2004, 07:14:16 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Oh no.  I realized I was assuming without evidence that Ancient Situation was a real product  - but Google reveals no evidence of it.  I am heartbroken. I really wanted to go out and buy some.


I have dreams about strollin' into the liquor store and seeing a bottle of Ancient Situation. Until then, I want 'Stad to do a tshirt w/ the AS label. All black and rad.

oh yeah, and this strip sucked.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 08:13:14 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Did anyone else imagine Philippe swaying and moving his arms to the tune of "No Opinion"?  If I get some free time, it will be my new avatar.


Oh yes. Oh yes indeed.
I do like Philippe with his little cap on. It really suits him.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2004, 02:21:31 am »

ok, 2 questions:

>does anyone who saw this early share my sneaking suspicion that the "yayyy" panel wasn't there? i know onstad changed the alt-text, but i might just be imagining things.

>man, every time i come on this board, someone points out something wrong with a strip, and i notice it and it makes me sad.
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2004, 02:24:12 am »

Yeah, the alt text was different, but cannot remember what it said before.  as for the 'Yaaaay' ..it was there as early as I wrote my email to mom ...might've been around 6 something in the morning.  forget.

I'm just happy to see Philippe back.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2004, 03:10:27 am »

The alt text used to say "Oh no roast beef is became an alcoholic" or something else respectless to his characters and audience.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2004, 05:35:11 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Exactly the same as panel two, with Yaaaay! right after he said Okay!


My patented scientific method of comparing two very similar panels (put them side by side and cross my eyes and see what doesn't focus) reveals that they are in fact identical except for Philippe's right eyebrow, which is at a different angle.

Maybe that means something. I dunno.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Tuck me in and be my breakfast - May 6 2004
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 09:08:21 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Exactly the same as panel two, with Yaaaay! right after he said Okay!


My patented scientific method of comparing two very similar panels (put them side by side and cross my eyes and see what doesn't focus) reveals that they are in fact identical except for Philippe's right eyebrow, which is at a different angle.

Maybe that means something. I dunno.

It means that You. Are. Rad.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up