Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions  (Read 9214 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 06:06:19 pm »

I like a nice bannana bread muffin for breakfast.  I have a great reciepe for these.

Eggs benidict is very tasty, and if it's "bad for you heart" type goodness you're looking for this is the way to go.

Also, one thing that's great to do once (and only once) is to indulge your inner child with a buffet of highly sugared children's cereals.  I did this shortly after moving out on my own.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 07:02:15 pm »

Last week there was a chef on Letterman who made a $1,000 fritatta (with about a pound and a half of caviar on top - it looked really silly).

Anyway, add 1.5 lbs of caviar to make yourself a $1,000 variant on this fritatta recipe (which I will be trying tomorrow).

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 08:45:36 pm »

I saw this of Fark last week; further demonstrating the occasional inverse relationship between amount of money and amount of common sense.

'Mirror' boss becomes first man to gobble 1,000 dollar omlette!
London | May 20, 2004 2:36:00 PM IST
 
The US Editor of Mirror, Anthony Harwood, is the first man to eat the world's most expensive omlette worth 1,000 dollars.

According to The Mirror, when Anthony started eating the giant omlette named 'Zillion Dollar Frittata', a waitress walked round the room at New York's Le Parker Meridien Hotel ringing a bell to herald the historic event.

The entire restaurant stopped as Harwood sat down in front of the grand omlette overflowing with sevruga caviar, with a shot of chilled vodka to a round of applause.

The famous omlette had 10 ounces of giraffe eggs and 1lb 8 ounces of lobster on a bed of fried potatoes.

The Hotel manager Steven Pipes said that Emile Castillo, a chef at Meridien Hotel, created the unique dish.

"This started as a Lobster Frittata. We experimented by putting in some caviar and it was delicious. So, we decided to go over the top and create the most expensive omlette in the world," the report quoted Pipes as saying.

Interestingly, Hollywood hunk Sylvester Stallone had turned down an offer to have the most expensive breakfast in the world.

"Does that come with a liver transplant because you're gonna need it. You feel like you're eating a generation of sturgeon, so I'd feel a bit guilty," Stallone was quoted as saying.

However, soon after Anthony finished, the 51-year-old Emile came out of the kitchen. And said, "You finished it? Wow!"

The 'Zillion Dollar Frittata' was made up of the following ingredients:

(1) 6 eggs

2) 1 tbsp chopped chives

3) 1.5 tbsps butter

4) 1 lobster

5) 5 tbsps double cream

6) 10 ounces of sevruga caviar(ANI)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 09:09:20 pm »

That's just too much fuck*ng food for breakfast.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2004, 09:35:21 pm »

Why is there no explaination as to why they wanted Stallone to eat it?  Is there supposed to be some sort of logical connection that I'm missing out on?  I mean, I haven't seen every Rocky movie, but... what?  Did they think, "hey, we're making something to eat that's totally illogical, but do you know what would be even more illiogical? Even more insane?  If we involved Sylvester Stallone."  What the hell?  I mean what. the. hell?!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 09:38:52 pm »

He does drink the raw eggs in Rocky. But he's in too good of shape for this.

I think they should get Michael Moore to eat it. Since Chris Farley and John Candy are dead, anyhow. How about Marlon Brando?

I know who I want to see it it: John Kruk. He's my hero for an everyguy ex-baseball player.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 09:43:27 pm »

See, my question is why you had to get ocean-bug and giraffe eggs into what would otherwise be a respectably huge egg-and-potato-and-cheese thing. Why do people eat grotesque things just because they're heinously expensive? Is this the whole "dijon ketchup" thing?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 09:49:23 pm »

What's Dijon ketchup?

Also, the earth is what, 80% covered with water? Doesn't it make more sense to use that resource as much as possible? A chicken has one hole in the bottom of it and you eat THOSE eggs...so why not caviar? Maybe not endangered species caviar, but really...

And lobster = yummy in my book every time.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 10:13:11 pm »

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't eat things that come from the ocean -- we should eat more giraffe, and I will allow the tastes of those who enjoy arthropods and bivalves and such. I'm just bitching at randomly putting things onto otherwise-entirely-palatable food just because it's expensive.

(I'm sorry, I don't get lobster. It's just not goddamn worth the effort.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 10:37:45 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
(I'm sorry, I don't get lobster. It's just not goddamn worth the effort.)

By "lobster" I'm assuming you mean "giant sea cockroach." Don't get me wrong, I'll wolf down as much lobster sushi as the next guy but they're still gross looking and in general I prefer crab.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 12:18:00 am »

I'm allergic to all of 'em, so I couldn't care less.  I used to really like seafood, but it's made me ill so many times that I've developed an aversion to anything that smells vaguely giraffey.  (Hold your tongue, Jough.)  I can do giraffe sticks (since we all know there's no actual giraffe in those anyway) and tuna salad, but that's about it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2004, 12:38:21 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
(I'm sorry, I don't get lobster. It's just not goddamn worth the effort.)

By "lobster" I'm assuming you mean "giant sea cockroach." Don't get me wrong, I'll wolf down as much lobster sushi as the next guy but they're still gross looking and in general I prefer crab.

I got out of lobster for two big reasons:
1) It involves way, way too much dissecting and disassembling effort for relatively little meaty payoff; and
2) I cannot deal with having a whole animal, complete with tiny beady eyes, sitting on my plate and watching me eat it. This goes double for the fact that it is a giant underwater bug, chitinous and all.

Crab is good, though. Man, I could go for some crab.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2004, 02:11:01 am »

Lobsters are my Favourite Thing, in the way that I think they are utterly rad, not in the way that I would ever consider them edible, let alone delectable.  I stopped eating meat when I was 9, though, and at that point I was too picky to have considered them potential food, so my opinion's relatively unsubstantiated.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2004, 02:56:54 am »

We eat these things because they are delicious.

Duh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Breakfast of...err...Not Champions
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2004, 02:42:19 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I'm allergic to all of 'em, so I couldn't care less.  I used to really like seafood, but it's made me ill so many times that I've developed an aversion to anything that smells vaguely giraffey.  (Hold your tongue, Jough.)  I can do giraffe sticks (since we all know there's no actual giraffe in those anyway) and tuna salad, but that's about it.


i'm not allergic, unless "reacting to the smell and sight of most aquatic food-stuffs results in naseuaueuauau and or a tiny little bit of throw up" is an allergy.

oddly, i like calimari, and the giraffe-sticks are so good they should be called giraffe-stixors.  i go through giraffe stick binges, though.  like, eat a box of giraffe sticks for dinner and not want anymore for 2 months.

there's something inately wonderful about the concept of food made out of the OIL of a creature.  mmmmm, giraffe oil and cardboard.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up