Oh, I see how it is... It ain't cool to make fun of Styx, but it's perfectly fiiiine to rank on the Police. What happened to you, Mr. Musical Tolerance??
There's an important difference. Styx are widely considered to be utter garbage when in fact they actually produced some good music, Mr. *****o and Babe, notwithstanding. The Police on the other hand are thought of as "treasure" as V put it, which I’m just not hearing. The Police are all right in my opinion, but if it's treasure, it's a very minor treasure indeed.
So I guess I’m saying it's not ok to kick a band when they're down, but it's alright to knock one off of their high hoss.
Or more likely I’m just full of shit and arbitrary.
Funny Police related story, how many times have you heard that. I was working a job once with this guy, he's my brother in law's brother actually and we were driving back to the shop at the end of the day. This Guy, Sean, had just broke up with his girlfriend. He was cool about it, he had told us about it, but it didn't seem to be a really big deal. However on that trip back to the shop Every Little Thing She Does is Magic came on the radio and this guy just totally lost it. He turned the radio up and started singing along and by the end of the song he was in tears. He had obviously been repressing his pain and this song just brought it all to the surface. I felt sorry for the dude, but it was totally hilarious.
I like Dream of the Blue Turtles more than Syncronicity.~Paul