Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: These guitar notes are so good dude- 10th (8th?) of May,2004  (Read 8048 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
These guitar notes are so good dude- 10th (8th?) of May,2004
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2004, 04:33:53 am »

Man, ya'll listen to some crappy music.  The Smiths are pretty good though.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
These guitar notes are so good dude- 10th (8th?) of May,2004
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2004, 05:13:43 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Man, ya'll listen to some crappy music.  The Smiths are pretty good though.

~Paul

Philistine! Philistine, I tell you!

Fine, then. I guess I'll have to hoard all the Thomas Dolby all for myself.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
These guitar notes are so good dude- 10th (8th?) of May,2004
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2004, 05:30:26 am »

You do that over there and I'll keep all the Eurythmics stuff safe over here.

No one's mentioned the actual rockers that were trying to fight this cutesy electronic stuff. I call Lita Ford. Good GOD she was fine and awesome.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
These guitar notes are so good dude- 10th (8th?) of May,2004
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2004, 05:43:50 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I call Lita Ford. Good GOD she was fine and awesome.

Get your @$$ to your local comic shop and find a copy of "Scurvy Dogs", the greatest comic about pirates just hanging out that you can find. In the latest issue, the pirates use a cover band concert to win over the Hobo Mafia (don't even question it). The bands include: BANJOVIE! MOS DEF LEPPARD! WINGED (featuring original members of WINGER*), and the BATTLING DOUBLE COVER BANDS, GREAT WHITESNAKE AND RATT POISON! And featuring the Avenging Angel of Cover Rock, Ljita Fjord!


*the best moment in the comic:
Pirate 1:...That's actually Kip Winger, isn't it? Who's the guy singing?
Pirate 2: I have no idea.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
These guitar notes are so good dude- 10th (8th?) of May,2004
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2004, 11:52:39 am »

I really can't thank you enough for drawing that to my attention.  My stars.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
These guitar notes are so good dude- 10th (8th?) of May,2004
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2004, 02:36:25 pm »

Wow.


The whole specific band cover band phenomena is something fairly new to me since I've moved to America. They can't really do it in Alaska because the market is too small. Last month there was a show featuring a Motley Crue cover band, a Poison cover band, and then Skid Row (not a cover band). Oh my how I laughed. I'd loved to have been there listening to those guys chat about the old days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up