Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: So long, soldier -- 11 May  (Read 3654 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« on: May 11, 2004, 05:29:04 am »

Okay, now I officially have no goddamn idea what the hell is going on.

Did he just forget how to draw Ray?
Logged

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 07:04:37 am »

the dude's quitting smoking, man.

also: fuck that.
Logged

Acanthopagrus

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 07:27:44 am »

Quitting is something I do not recommend doing. It makes you feel so bad it can’t be good for you.

What the hell happened to tick tack?  
It looks like Ray is holding a starters pistol.
Logged
keh?

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 08:16:14 am »

Ah, it's explained in Ray's Place. Poor Ray...
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 12:40:59 pm »

I was happy to see that Ray keeps a lucky in his pack...  I'm sure it'll be the last to be flushed.
Logged

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 01:02:30 pm »

"Cancer cock."  

Fabulous.

They should start using that in those "quitplan" commercials.  If that don't get you to quit...
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 01:28:09 pm »

1) The concept of the lucky cigarette is just a bad idea. They are inherently unlucky, in that they will kill you.
2) Here's proof that Onstad reads these boards, in that I just quit smoking.
3) This is not really proof, in that I am more a Beef type guy, and Beef I guess still smokes.
4) I don't know the song in the alt-text, and when I looked it up on AMG, none of the results were even in the same galaxy.
5) I am operating this machinery under the influence of narcotics.

(Edit) #2 is not "prook" of anything.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pierced lemur

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 01:34:30 pm »

Quote from: "Acanthopagrus"
What the hell happened to tick tack?  
It looks like Ray is holding a starters pistol.


It's a cap gun. See Ray's Place.
Logged
Many ladies wake to but single rose and and click of the closink door.

V-Adore

  • Guest
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 02:22:34 pm »

I was aware of the general "quitting smoking" idea, but yeah, now that Ray's Place is up, we have context.

I still want to know why Ray looks so entirely megacephalic today, though.

Also, is this the first external shot we've gotten of the stately home of Raymond Foster Smuckles? It's a good one.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 02:26:02 pm »

If the inside of my toilet was normally black, I would have quit smoking a long time ago.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 09:07:49 pm »

It would be funnier if one began a joke that the other finished or in some way embellished.  Instead, the joke is just repeated in two media.  That's so 'almost cool'.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 10:44:01 pm »

This is not how I quit smoking, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Gotta love the one cap-gun salute for each burial at sewer. Awesome.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 02:03:22 am »

For some reason, I'm a wee bit scepitcal about Ray actually being able to quit.  I bet he relapses before the last cigarette is flushed, even if he has to giraffe one of those bad boy's out of the toilet.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2004, 02:13:18 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
I bet he relapses before the last cigarette is flushed, even if he has to giraffe one of those bad boy's out of the toilet.


Ha!  Ha ha ha!  

Hey Onstad!  I'd pay to see this!  

But I forgot, you don't read this board.   :lol:
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
So long, soldier -- 11 May
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2004, 07:45:40 pm »

I'd like to see Barry Bass still in BEEF's toilet, smoking Rays discarded cigarettes and bitching about not having a TV to watch his fear factor.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up