Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "pooping and eating poop", May 11th  (Read 5706 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« on: May 11, 2004, 10:34:48 am »

I am pretty sure this is my favourite Ray's Place ever.  Very hard to pick a line for the title.  
I like the cancer scare motif.
Logged
goose means greedy

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 12:12:36 pm »

Oh yes.  I was so tickled by this one, by the end I had an overwhelming urge to email someone and tell him that I loved him.  Fortunately I was spared the embarrassment of actually doing so by my weak grasp of the line between fantasy and reality - I wasn't sure whether I meant to say it to Ray or to Onstad.

Ray and all his products vs Beef and his Ivory soap and nail clippers is priceless.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 01:23:19 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Oh yes.  I was so tickled by this one, by the end I had an overwhelming urge to email someone and tell him that I loved him.  Fortunately I was spared the embarrassment of actually doing so by my weak grasp of the line between fantasy and reality - I wasn't sure whether I meant to say it to Ray or to Onstad.

Or me.

"Beef for god sakes just lathers his whole coat up with damn Ivory soap like he was in prison." This I like quite a bit, for some reason. I also kind of like the tie-in to the comic, though it was a bit throwaway. It's probably discussed there, but I came here first.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pierced lemur

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 01:38:59 pm »

I really liked the bit about the "really slammin’ stretch-fit Calvin clubbin’ shirt". You have to admit, Ray looks damn fine in that shirt.
Logged
Many ladies wake to but single rose and and click of the closink door.

V-Adore

  • Guest
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 02:27:12 pm »

Okay, this is fairly good stuff. I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but it's certainly solid.

The "cancer scare" bit would have been better if he'd not repeated the joke twice more, to increasingly diminishing humor returns. But still.

I'm still trying to figure out the whole "polar bear/walrus" letter thing. What the sam hell?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 04:11:10 pm »

If Todd can't read why does he have an e-mail account? Do people just send him pictures?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 04:28:55 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Ray in todays column"
...'57 Chevy Apache pickups and blow your brains out.


For some reason this imagery strongly reminds me of some dangity dang movie.  I'm betting Ray pulled it from his late night TNT watching.

Ermmm, Easy Rider?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 07:45:40 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
If Todd can't read why does he have an e-mail account? Do people just send him pictures?


http://www.readplease.com/
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 07:50:42 pm »

That's just sooo Hal9000.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 08:16:50 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
That's just sooo Hal9000.


There is absolutely no shame in that.
Logged
goose means greedy

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 08:54:37 pm »

"Open the motherfuckin' pod bay doors, bitch."

"I can't do that, Todd."
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 10:44:54 pm »

Gah! Nabu, that is awesome.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 02:10:57 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm still trying to figure out the whole "polar bear/walrus" letter thing. What the sam hell?


I thought maybe this was someone's attempt to reframe "My white parents don't like my black boyfriend" or "My Jewish parents don't like my goyishe boyfriend" in Underground terms.

Or it could just be some freakin' goofball.  Who knows.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2004, 04:50:26 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm still trying to figure out the whole "polar bear/walrus" letter thing. What the sam hell?


Someone else is going to have to answer this question.  It is decidedly not my role on this board to be the one who knows about weird sexual fetishes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
"pooping and eating poop", May 11th
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 02:32:57 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
That's just sooo Hal9000.


DAMMIT, DAVE
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up