Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What a deal!  (Read 6309 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What a deal!
« on: May 13, 2004, 05:35:55 pm »

Great bargains!  Check out the modems.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: What a deal!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 06:30:10 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Check out the modems.


For a few weeks, in my younger days, I worked on an assembly line putting together those crappy Megahertz PCMCIA modems.  What a lovely memory (actually, it was the least-shitty temp job I ever had).
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What a deal!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 06:55:43 pm »

Check out the power supplies!  Gumby gives them his thumbs-up!

:up:

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What a deal!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 07:00:49 pm »

And they have a Pinnicle Micro 2x CD-R burner for only $2,359.

What a deal!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
What a deal!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 09:11:01 pm »

Wow.

Easily the most garish thing I have ever seen on the internet since Tubgirl.

Scrolling and blinking text. One isn't bad enough, let's use both!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: What a deal!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 10:14:49 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Great bargains!  Check out the modems.


i can't tell if you are being sarcastic.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What a deal!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 11:09:27 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Scrolling and blinking text. One isn't bad enough, let's use both!

Let's hear it for Firefox yet again! I'm so glad I turned off the blink tag.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What a deal!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 02:44:30 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Wow.

Easily the most garish thing I have ever seen on the internet since Tubgirl.

Scrolling and blinking text. One isn't bad enough, let's use both!


I would actually like one of those.  A pocketable computer that I could touch type on would be perfect for notetaking and scheduling.  I prefer to type whenever possible -- that's the big disadvantage to PDA's for me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What a deal!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 02:45:22 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Great bargains!  Check out the modems.


i can't tell if you are being sarcastic.


I am being sarcastic.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
What a deal!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 03:52:38 am »

Cort, I'm using Firefox. Where the frell do you turn off the blink tag? If it's a setting, I can't believe I missed it.

Oh - I looked at the source, and it's a scripting-based blinking. And scrolling. There's a marquee tag, but I can only assume it makes the scrolling happen even faster, which I don't know why.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
What a deal!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 04:25:03 am »

Hahaha, LAZER DIVISION!

LAZER DIVISION ALPHA! CYBORG ASSAULT HAS REACHED THE BRIDGE! PROTECT THE STARGATE AT ALL COSTS! LAZER DIVISION BETA, WHERE ARE MY NACHOS?!!!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
What a deal!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 04:35:53 am »

Bozack, you make me miss St. Zartan.

Really, for that I love you. Whatever happened to Zart?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: What a deal!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 01:25:55 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Great bargains!  Check out the modems.


i can't tell if you are being sarcastic.


I am being sarcastic.


why?

i thought it was a nice resource for ridiculously difficult kit to find.  sure, it seems expensive, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to pay more for an out of date, old modem than to pay less for a brand new cheap modem that you have to TOTALLY redesign your infrastucture around.

also, that laptop/notebook/thing with the blink tags was the bomb.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What a deal!
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 01:52:48 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

Really, for that I love you. Whatever happened to Zart?


By christ yes. Whatever did happen to him?
Maybe you out Zart'ed him Bozack!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What a deal!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 02:04:24 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Cort, I'm using Firefox. Where the frell do you turn off the blink tag? If it's a setting, I can't believe I missed it.

Oh - I looked at the source, and it's a scripting-based blinking. And scrolling. There's a marquee tag, but I can only assume it makes the scrolling happen even faster, which I don't know why.

There are two ways. You can edit your config file manually.

Or if you want the easy way like me. Type "about:config" in the location bar. Find "browser.blink_allowed" which is about 2 dozen lines down and double click it. Type "false" in the box and hit okay.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up