Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Vacation (all I ever wanted)  (Read 7667 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« on: May 13, 2004, 10:52:34 pm »

Hey kids,

I'm going offline for a week starting Monday.  I'm taking a much needed vacation from computers.  No, I'm not actually going anywhere, just sending in my laptop for service and after ten minutes of using the old computer have decided that it's time for a break.

I've been online every day for the past two years, for several hours a day at least, so it seems like time to kick back, do some writing, catch up on reading, go out into the world and DO things, visit the art museum, etc.

I'm a little nervous about not responding to e-mail for a week, but I'll put up a notice on my web site.

I have someone looking after the server, and hopefully the mods here can be trusted not to trash the place.

NO PARTIES WHILE I'M AWAY

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 10:55:58 pm »

Well. I'm all partied out anyway. One party a quarter is about the most I can muster, and that's already been.

Anyway, odd that it comes as I have been considering doing the same. I wouldn't be able to without being elsewhere however. So I am trying to find somewhere I wouldn't mind being without a computer...

Rambling...


Anyway, have a good week Cap'n. May it be fruitful and more than a little relaxing!

*puts on gestapo hat and picks up truncheon*
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 11:11:19 pm »

Enjoy yourself, Jough.

If you don't read this until after the vacation, well, hope you enjoyed yourself.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 11:27:14 pm »

It is Thursday night and I've just come home from a beach-wine-candy-firecrackers-adventure.  I believe that I, as well, am all partied out.  Enjoy yourself, Jough.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 02:38:48 am »

Have a good week, cuz.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 03:29:00 am »

I will be "leaving" Sunday night.

And I'll be spending as much time as possible out of the house - it's like a vacation in my own city - I may even do tourist-y stuff.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 04:34:49 am »

VACATION SENDOFF FOR NUMERO UNO SATURDAY NIGHT 11 P.M.

BRING YO' GUNS 'N' MALT LIQUOR

THIS SHIT GON' GET WILD
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 04:38:20 am »

Ha, Saturday night at 11 I'm gonna be rocking out with Patti Smith, Paul Westerberg and Sonic Youth. However, Jough, have a kickass internet vacation.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 04:41:44 am »

Shit dude, Sat. at 11, I'll be gearing up to watch the Olsen twins - rowr - on SNL. I'll find out if they're actually worth that "rowr" then.

Shit, they're still jailbait for another like six months. Maybe I shouldn't post this.


edit: Whoops!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 09:26:57 am »

A vacation from being online.  This sounds to me as appealing as a vacation from air or water.  Maybe I have a problem?  I do also get out into the world, honestly, although it's true that none of it is real until I send someone email about it.

I hope we can expect a full report.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 11:17:03 am »

Bozack and Choopernickel get equal shouts of dismay from me.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 01:24:34 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
A vacation from being online.  This sounds to me as appealing as a vacation from air or water.  Maybe I have a problem?


Me too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 01:47:10 pm »

You think you have problems? I used to participate in Star Trek trivia contests to win more hours online. I played every single game Hecklers Online could come up with to try and win free hours. I was a Random Gamer dammit! You can't out-problem a Random Gamer.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 03:00:47 pm »

My computer has been having random problems all day, and the thought of a week without the Internet saddened me deeply. Nonetheless, I hope all is fab for our Fearless Leader.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Vacation (all I ever wanted)
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 03:09:45 pm »

Saturday @ 11 pm I'll be at work. Hell, I'm off-line for long stretches all the time. I kind of like it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up