Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04  (Read 8057 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar

aww poor beef... had to discard of his unfinished car.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 01:35:12 pm »

And that little half-finished car grew up to be...

...in a landfill.  I'm Paul Harvey.  Goo-DAY!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 02:27:04 pm »

That was fucked. No wonder sometimes Beef pops off. All carving his derby car with a spoon.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 02:30:26 pm »

This one hit close to home.

I love my Dad dearly.  He's a wonderful father, but quite possibly the most mechanically inept human being on the face of the planet.  So I was pretty much on my own when I made my first Pinewood Derby car.  You could tell.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 04:31:04 pm »

Ray's better have little tiny people in it. And the personalized plates.

Of course now I've flashed back to watching the Weird Science tv show and Duckman alone on Saturday nights.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 05:20:46 pm »

My pinewood derby cars were teh suk.  Not quite carving them with a spoon in the dark, but close.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 05:54:55 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Ray's better have little tiny people in it. And the personalized plates.

Of course now I've flashed back to watching the Weird Science tv show and Duckman alone on Saturday nights.

Man, you and me both. You and me both.

(... Okay, so usually my mom was up too. God only knows why.)

Anyway, I just really like the idea of Ray being that  much of a Weird Science nerd that young. Little Nephew would plotz.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 06:47:57 pm »

We had Weird Science so watered down over here.
We only got it really late, and even then it was four days away from Duckman, if they ever overlapped each other on a week to week basis at all.

It's like, living over here robbed me of so many things that could have been, like Weird Science and Duckman, nestling together in their rightful place.
And the early days of The Simpsons... Didn't get them 'til about '96.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 07:43:05 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I've flashed back to watching the Weird Science tv show and Duckman alone on Saturday nights.

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, you and me both. You and me both.


yeah, and me too.  i think i still have a vhs tape (or two) of duckman around somewhere . . .
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 08:09:43 pm »

Duckman still shows occasionally on Comedy Central late overnight.  My DVR catches an episode or three every couple weeks.

The episode where he dates the ugly duck who gets plastic surgery and becomes a supermodel is truly The Saddest Thing.  

I felt like I had been kicked in the solar plexus after I saw that one.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 08:18:48 pm »

My Pinewood Derby car (I only entered once was basically "block of pinewood with the front cut downwards at an angle and then given a psychedelic paint job". I completely lost in every category.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 09:55:46 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
My Pinewood Derby car (I only entered once was basically "block of pinewood with the front cut downwards at an angle and then given a psychedelic paint job". I completely lost in every category.

I think I used about this strategy for painting model rockets, too. However, in model rocketry it works, because the more fuck-ugly your rocket is, the less likely it is to explode, come down in the Lands Beyond, &c. I still have my final implementation of this theory, a beige-and-brown-with-red-nose-cone Big Bertha that I christened "World's Ugliest Rocket" and which never failed me.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 10:15:49 pm »

My only foray into that racing world was basically a brick with wheels. My dad was mostly useless in the carbuilding realm also.

It's funny how that works with rockets, too. I spent forever on an x-wing fighter rocket that trashed immediately. Tube-with-fins-and-nose-cone never failed. And the Estes catalog had hundreds of these with different shaped fins or different length of tube.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 10:40:07 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
That, or the sky ate it.


My brother and his friends and I spent a while building rockets. We starte when my parents got me a hot air balloon kit which we sent up majestically. Then we built a balloon which denied to accept the existence of Airspace regulations in the area. It failed and burnt up in the garden.
We did have a very succesful rocket launch that literally chased my brother around the field before disppearing off up the hill.
We had a few, actually, succesful launches too mind!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 10:55:13 pm »

I went to a science camp once that made me build rockets one year and a model car, perplexingly enough, the next.  I was quite unsure as to why I had to build the car's ENTIRE, TINY, USELESS ENGINE, piece by piece.
Fortunately, I spent every other day there making animated gifs and hiding from soccer games, so it wasn't so bad.  I still hate making Miniscule Accurate Plastic Things though.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up