Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04  (Read 8067 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 10:59:49 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
We had Weird Science so watered down over here.
We only got it really late, and even then it was four days away from Duckman, if they ever overlapped each other on a week to week basis at all.

It's like, living over here robbed me of so many things that could have been, like Weird Science and Duckman, nestling together in their rightful place.
And the early days of The Simpsons... Didn't get them 'til about '96.

Then how could you possibly understand all the jokes on Duckman about how the network constantly shafted them and they were nothing but Weird Science's bitch. There was even a crossover once.

And don't forget that the Simpsons you get now is watered down. Like the awesome scene where they bomb the giraffe + chips place on St. Patrick's Day.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2004, 11:02:13 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

And don't forget that the Simpsons you get now is watered down. Like the awesome scene where they bomb the giraffe + chips place on St. Patrick's Day.


Yea, we do lsoe a few things. There are some we gain however. I can't remember any off the top of my head, but I do notice that it goes both ways, when watching a non downloaded episode, to see whole new bits in.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2004, 11:09:57 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

And don't forget that the Simpsons you get now is watered down. Like the awesome scene where they bomb the giraffe + chips place on St. Patrick's Day.

Yea, we do lsoe a few things. There are some we gain however. I can't remember any off the top of my head, but I do notice that it goes both ways, when watching a non downloaded episode, to see whole new bits in.

I believe they shower fewer commercials per hour over there so you do have fewer syndication cuts than we do. Of course they're all listed on snpp
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2004, 11:24:46 pm »

I'll believe it when I see it!
Though Simpsons is shown on BBC so there are no cuts in it at all. It's just 22 minutes or therebouts as is.
But Channel4 can pad out a 40 minute US show as 50, and Sky One just do it like over there.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2004, 11:46:51 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
It's funny how that works with rockets, too. I spent forever on an x-wing fighter rocket that trashed immediately. Tube-with-fins-and-nose-cone never failed. And the Estes catalog had hundreds of these with different shaped fins or different length of tube.

A friend of mine had the NASA-endorsed model rocket with a clear payload bay. I never entirely understood those; theoretically Science! was supposed to be involved, but in practice it appeared to be "place bugs in and see what happens!"

That rocket actually went up a few times successfully, although I don't think the ants ever made it back alive.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2004, 01:50:54 am »

Quote from: "slink"
I'll believe it when I see it!
Though Simpsons is shown on BBC so there are no cuts in it at all. It's just 22 minutes or therebouts as is.
But Channel4 can pad out a 40 minute US show as 50, and Sky One just do it like over there.

http://www.simpsorama.com/
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2004, 03:08:50 am »

I've never built a Pinewood Derby Car, but my mom has.  She builds one every year, for the church youth group she leads.  This years car was based on an art car she saw back around Christmas.  It's covered with little CD pieces.



When the Art Car Parade rolled through a couple of weeks ago I took her out to meet the artist of the art car her derby car was based on.



The car is called Twinkle, Twinkle Little Car.  Cute.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 03:10:30 am »

What'd you light that with, white phosphorous?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 03:12:39 am »

Yeah, it's a little bright.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 04:38:50 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
What'd you light that with, white phosphorous?


Pure thoughts, I think.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 04:40:13 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Again, proof that Paul has a camera surgically attached.

Very cool though.


I think it's most excellent that Paul's camera is surgically attached.  Once I get my camera, I'm getting the operation too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2004, 05:44:17 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

I think it's most excellent that Paul's camera is surgically attached.  Once I get my camera, I'm getting the operation too.


Resistance is......you know.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
It's EXACTLY like the Ferrari from Weird Science! - 5/19/04
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 02:22:16 pm »

Im sorry . . . maybe that was a little strong. Anyway, I like how wherever the topic wanders to, Paul's got pictures.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Howdy Moody

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
350 Pound Man Cries Over Lost Racer
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 07:26:57 pm »

My buddy's dad was a dark-side junkyard owner in Houston.  A NASA engineer owed him a favor and built a pinewood derby racer for him.  It was tested in the wind tunnel, had wheels like razors, and probably had $100,000 worth of development time in it.
When the shop got broken into and $20,000 worth of tools were stolen, it was the missing pinewood derby racer that brougt him to tears.
H.M.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 350 Pound Man Cries Over Lost Racer
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 08:44:03 pm »

Quote from: "Howdy Moody"
My buddy's dad was a dark-side junkyard owner in Houston.  A NASA engineer owed him a favor and built a pinewood derby racer for him.  It was tested in the wind tunnel, had wheels like razors, and probably had $100,000 worth of development time in it.
When the shop got broken into and $20,000 worth of tools were stolen, it was the missing pinewood derby racer that brougt him to tears.
H.M.

That is an epic tragedy. Absolutely epic.

Shit, I think I might cry over that car.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up