Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: hot bloody fat - 20th may  (Read 7927 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 06:51:36 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I give it five minutes before he inadvertently says something true about Pat's mom and things come to blows.

Psychic truth.  Although I'd bet even money between Pat's mom or Ray's.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 06:55:06 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Has he actually learned something about cat anatomy, or is this a gruesomely lucky guess?


It's got to be baby animal murder school paying off.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 06:56:39 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"

Psychic truth.  Although I'd bet even money between Pat's mom or Ray's.


And oh lord I have to see that. I just want to see what Ray would say to protect his mom.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 07:21:03 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Poor Pat's mouth dropped open like he was going to have himself a pork-pie heart attack.


YES.


Also, take a good hard look at Beef's eyes. Poor dude is just completely taken aback.

Quote from: "slink"
I'm just amazed they let Philippe in that place with his new car.


Well, they're just sitting outside, and Philippe just kinda pulled up.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 07:46:04 pm »

Not the Mayor!  NOT THE MAYOR!!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2004, 07:51:50 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Psychic truth.  Although I'd bet even money between Pat's mom or Ray's.


It wouldn't come to blows with Ray, he'd just pout.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2004, 08:06:55 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "llimllib"
Also, does anyone know why it's called a pork pie hat? Are there such things as pork pies? And does this type of hat look like them?


Apparently the name is taken from its shape, which resembles - get ready - a pork pie. I've got two conflicting sources here listing its origin at 1725 and 1860, both of which seem likely in that quaint, "mixing several varieties of garish fonts on a broadsheet advertising a quadreplegic midget sharpshooter" sort of way.


Weirder yet: Charles MINGUS had a song called "Goodbye Porkpie Hat" The hat pictured on the site, though is NOT a porkpie hat so go figure.

Here's one: (fifth down) hats!
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 08:38:07 pm »

I own a porkpie hat.  And I'm a dick.  I hate being Pat....
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2004, 08:54:58 pm »

Ha ha, me too.  Actually, what I thought was that a human, not Philippe (I didn't notice that it was his vehicle from the rear view) was getting onto some kind of amusement park boat ride, less like a roller coaster or Splash Mountain and more like a Pirates of the Carribbean ride.  Then I thought that the dirty dudes were "props" in the ride.

I swear, this actually went through my mind.

Quote from: "CortJstr"
When the image was first loading I though Philippe was on a roller coaster or something.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 08:57:24 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Ha ha, me too.  Actually, what I thought was that a human, not Philippe (I didn't notice that it was his vehicle from the rear view) was getting onto some kind of amusement park boat ride, less like a roller coaster or Splash Mountain and more like a Pirates of the Carribbean ride.  Then I thought that the dirty dudes were "props" in the ride.

I swear, this actually went through my mind.

Ache Mountain?

The sad thing is that I would go to Achewood World if it actually existed, although were I with a small child, I would probably not buy them a Roast Beef hat. Not even if they embroidered the kid's name on the back.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2004, 09:12:53 pm »

Achewood World would have really good refreshment stands, with all foods from the cookbook (and of course, the drinks too).  There'd be a ride simulating Roast Beef's trip to the moon and a horror house where Nice Pete takes you to an ice cream parlor.  There would NOT be people dressed up as the characters in big scary suits.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2004, 09:29:43 pm »

And there'd be these theatre-type things with floor shows by Animalicious and Nightlife Mingus and Robert Johnson. For the finale, Ray would come out and sing "ass in your #####".

It would be kind of like Branson. A lot like Branson, actually, without the drug stores overstocked with Stool Softeners and laxatives.
Logged

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2004, 10:02:54 pm »

Many great things about this strip have been noted.  Three more:

1.  We learn more about the locale and nature of The Underground.  Phillipe enters it through what appears to be a drainpipe/culvert.  I guess on the way to the bay are Underground Italian restaurants.

2.  Onstad's rendering of Luigi's is really nicely laid out.  The name in the upper left, the brick wall, the patio in the lower right.  Very pleasing to behold.

3.  Notice (of course) that Ray has drained his wine.  Roast Beef is drinking moderately, while Pat hasn't even taken a sip.  The moral: Pat is a Dick.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2004, 10:05:30 pm »

Quote from: "MSC"
3.  Notice (of course) that Ray has drained his wine.  Roast Beef is drinking moderately, while Pat hasn't even taken a sip.  The moral: Pat is a Dick.

To be fair to Pat (I may never type this phrase again), we have no idea if that's actually their first glass. Pat may well have drained three glasses already and is merely thinking hard about the fourth.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
hot bloody fat - 20th may
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2004, 10:53:40 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

It would be kind of like Branson. A lot like Branson, actually, without the drug stores overstocked with Stool Softeners and laxatives.


And for a moment there I though I liked the sound of Branson.

This strip does emote a feeling, something like Van Gogh's 'Cafe at Night'. You totally want to just pull up a chair.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up