The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: sunnystar on February 01, 2006, 08:42:06 pm

Title: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 01, 2006, 08:42:06 pm
Or at least they're up there on the list.

I'm a college student and have been reading Achewood for about a year and a half now. But I've also read the archives while at my boring job, so I'm at least caught up.

My favorite is Philippe and we'd be best friends if he was "real"...Huuugs are on my list of favorite things. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10252001)

I have been pushed the extreme of being an avid Achewood message board reader by my boyfriend, acoxcae.

And it's true, I hate vanilla ice cream with real vanilla bean specks.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: jough on February 01, 2006, 08:45:46 pm
And to think that we were suggesting that he dump your non-vanilla-bean-speck-lovin'-ass.

Welcome to the board, SS.   Alex is one of the least crap-dudes we have here, so if he vouches for you you're already ahead of the game.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: V-Adore on February 01, 2006, 09:16:33 pm
Welcome, sunnystar. I personally did not advocate your getting dumped because of ice cream preferences, I'd like to note.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 01, 2006, 09:20:39 pm
Me neither, please do not go back an search.


Also welcome.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 01, 2006, 09:23:31 pm
Well, thanks for the welcomes.

Special thanks to V-Adore for not advocating the dumpage of me.

Also, hooray for being ahead of the game by being associated with Alex, as jough points out...I believe that puts me at least a point in the lead...or at least a few tiny cans of Dr. Pepper...
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 01, 2006, 09:39:34 pm
It was my idea that A Cox dump you.  I may be wrong about you, but why take the chance.  C'mon, won't eat ice cream because it has specks in it?  WTF?

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 01, 2006, 09:41:57 pm
It was my idea that A Cox dump you.  I may be wrong about you, but why take the chance.  C'mon, won't eat ice cream because it has specks in it?  WTF?

~Paul

I have eaten it. That's the problem. It was grainy. I accused the specks. Alex says I should give it another chance because it may have just been that particular carton of ice cream that was bad. And maybe to prove you all wrong I will eat some soon and inform you of its now greatness.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 01, 2006, 10:08:59 pm
Provide pictures of the event and all will be forgiven.

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 01, 2006, 10:12:12 pm
The specks do not make the ice cream grainy.  I reccommend that you go out and buy some ice cream tonight and report back.  Otherwise you will never hear the end of this.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: Golfhaus on February 01, 2006, 10:54:05 pm
The specks do not make the ice cream grainy.  I reccommend that you go out and buy some ice cream tonight and report back.  Otherwise you will never hear the end of this.

Really, you won't. Someone without a signature might make the subject the topic of one until you do.

It might be me.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: lprkn on February 01, 2006, 11:21:36 pm
This really could be one of those "tests of the relationship" thingies. For some reason, I'm thinking of 'The Princess and the Pea' here.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 01, 2006, 11:37:52 pm
This really could be one of those "tests of the relationship" thingies. For some reason, I'm thinking of 'The Princess and the Pea' here.

Nah, it's not testing our relationship. It's testing the board. Little do they know....
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 02, 2006, 12:00:58 am
I knew I should've studied!



(Cut to an 80's style montage of Miles quizzing me at various locales around a suburbinite town)

miles: WORD ASSOCIATION, Isosceles, GO!
Q: Uh uh.. BARBED c*ck!
miles: correct, but slow, continues, wombat
Q: Tiny Cans?
miles: correct, but we would've also accepted giraffe placenta

(A shot of me winning the champeenship.)
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 02, 2006, 12:24:12 am
Giraffe placenta?!
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 02, 2006, 12:32:43 am
Giraffe placenta?!

Don't make me search, I proved I can do it on chan, and I can do it even faster here.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 02, 2006, 12:55:22 am
I swear that I have nothing to do with the whole giraffe placenta deal.  Surely that is one of Bobby's?
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: CortJstr on February 02, 2006, 01:20:32 am
I swear that I have nothing to do with the whole giraffe placenta deal.  Surely that is one of Bobby's?

CJ to the rescue (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,736.msg12680.html#msg12680). It appears to be mainly the fault of V and me. But our frienly neighborhood den mother quickly put her foot down.

Also, I would guess that this particular topic has the records for most searched for by me ever. Thank you.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 02, 2006, 01:56:33 am
All about me to all about placenta...it would happen that way. Giraffe's are my favorite animal though. So :shrugs:...

To misterqueue, CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON! If I could, I'd give you a tiny can of Dr. Pepper.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 02, 2006, 02:02:38 am
All about me to all about placenta...it would happen that way. Giraffe's are my favorite animal though. So :shrugs:...

To misterqueue, CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON! If I could, I'd give you a tiny can of Dr. Pepper.

In that case the correct response is "You do not win a thing!"

But I will forgive you and give you a tiny can of Dr. Pepper in return, even though you are taken by a non-crap dude.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 02, 2006, 03:15:03 am
Q, I promise that as soon as I gain tiny Dr. Pepper giving abilities, you will be the first to get one for your win. :) So, see, hooray! You win!
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 02, 2006, 03:42:18 am
CJ to the rescue (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,736.msg12680.html#msg12680).

Wow, nice thread. That was the Golden Age, or something.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: CortJstr on February 02, 2006, 03:46:57 am
True, we went from "our friend Fero-J is sick" so placenta eating on the first page. Then we just. kept. going.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 02, 2006, 05:18:32 am
Okay, proved you right and proved me wrong. Vanilla bean speck ice cream is good! And, yes, pics to prove it happened! Mmm, vanilla bean ice cream and Guiness...

Just head here and go to the folder dedicated to ya'll! (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/)
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 02, 2006, 05:21:13 am
Okay, proved you right and proved me wrong. Vanilla bean speck ice cream is good! And, yes, pics to prove it happened! Mmm, vanilla bean ice cream and Guiness...

Just head here and go to the folder dedicated to ya'll! (http://pics.livejournal.com/sepia_tonedlove/)

You have won a tiny can of Dr Pepper and my heart.

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 02, 2006, 05:30:07 am
You have won a tiny can of Dr Pepper and my heart.

~Paul

Awww...:huuugs: from me, Philippe, and my new t-shirt!
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: Bozack on February 02, 2006, 05:33:13 am
Hahaha, that is BRILLIANT!
Good show, good show. Welcome.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: acoxcae on February 02, 2006, 05:33:47 am
Man, you can't ask for results any faster than that.  And even better, I get to stay with her because she admits that genuine vanilla ice cream is awesome!  And all because you guys insisted.

Seriously - TOUAMB says jump, we say "What flavor?"
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: V-Adore on February 02, 2006, 05:48:41 am
Wow. Nicely done, star.

Also, I see you have some Purdue-based pictures in your album. Do you happen to go there and/or know anything about it? I just got in for grad school and would like to know a little more about it before I actually visit.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: AugustWest on February 02, 2006, 06:01:41 am
Very nice.  Very very nice.

However, this wouldn't be TOUAMB if I didn't engage in a little bit of grammar/spelling pedantry.

It's "y'all" not "ya'll".  See, "y'all" is a contraction for "you all".  You put the apostrophe where the letters are missing.  No "ou", so that's where it goes.  Thank y'all.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on February 02, 2006, 06:09:12 am
Self introductions...were we supposed to do these? I completely skipped this part and went straight to making an ass of myself. My method is uncertain, yeah it's a mess but it's working. (????)

Anyway...Hello and welcome! White ice cream with black things in it is indeed good and I'm glad you've accepted it as your lord and savior.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 02, 2006, 11:12:30 am
The die has been cast!

Good show sir and madam.  I salute the both of you.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 02, 2006, 12:58:10 pm
Wow. Nicely done, star.

Also, I see you have some Purdue-based pictures in your album. Do you happen to go there and/or know anything about it? I just got in for grad school and would like to know a little more about it before I actually visit.

Thank you (all of you), and, yes, I do happen to attend Purdue. Congrats on getting in for grad school! You, too, shall receive a tiny can of Dr. Pepper when I can give them! :) Say what you would like to know and your wish shall be granted...and you can sleep on mine and Alex's couch when you come, because what is being an Achewood fan for if you can't sleep on fellow fan's couches?

Also, apologies to AugustWest about "y'all"...it was an unintentionally misplaced apostrophy due to sleepiness.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 02, 2006, 01:27:33 pm
Self introductions...were we supposed to do these?

Shh!  Don't tell the newbies they don't have to introduce themselves.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: CortJstr on February 02, 2006, 02:03:49 pm
Self introductions...were we supposed to do these? I completely skipped this part and went straight to making an ass of myself. My method is uncertain, yeah it's a mess but it's working. (????)

I missed this too. Do you think it's too late to go back and correct it? I'm not sure I'm really standing out from the crowd right now.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 02, 2006, 02:20:13 pm
yes, we should all do it, even the ones who did it before.  In seperate threads!  Repeatedly!

This is clearly a sane and reasonable idea that all should adopt.  All should adopt this!


(I'm sorry, I was drinking last night and my brain is now caramel)
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: acoxcae on February 02, 2006, 02:20:24 pm
I missed this too. Do you think it's too late to go back and correct it? I'm not sure I'm really standing out from the crowd right now.

I think as long as you squeeze your introduction in before your 5000th post it'll still have some added value.  Why, I feel like I hardly know you, despite having read enough text from you to write a large-ish novel.

And of course, the introduction of your name as a common verb doesn't mean you're exempt from introductions.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 02, 2006, 02:22:59 pm
Court Jester is an uncommon verb.

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: acoxcae on February 02, 2006, 02:28:11 pm
I suppose I should've said it was "locally common."  I guess I don't use it in everyday speech, but I'll be damned if it's not pretty popular around here.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: CortJstr on February 02, 2006, 05:14:36 pm
I don't want it to be too common because I rely on getting this username for every site I register for. I don't want others snapping it up or not believing I'm me. Or maybe it'll just evolve into something meaningless like the horribly butchered "in like flint"
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: arkabee on February 02, 2006, 07:32:24 pm
ya'll is a contraction for "ya all" though.

Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: AugustWest on February 02, 2006, 07:47:31 pm
ya'll is a contraction for "ya all" though.



Nuh-uh.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: Golfhaus on February 02, 2006, 08:22:51 pm
And of course, the introduction of your name as a common verb doesn't mean you're exempt from introductions.

I almost referred to looking something up in a reference guide at work that had been previously consulted as "CortJsting" at work a couple of days ago. Clearly, I should work harder at making additional, non-TOUAMBie friends.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 02, 2006, 08:27:57 pm
ya'll is a contraction for "ya all" though.



I would like to agree with this, for that would make me correct and excite me, but, alas, in accordance with AugustWest's "nuh-uh", "ya" isn't a real word. He said that "y'all" is a combination of "you" and "all", which ARE both real words. So being grammatically correct, which acoxcae would be so proud of, I believe we have to agree that "y'all" is more correct than "ya'll"...although, arkabee, I have seen it both ways...

Just sayin'...
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: arkabee on February 02, 2006, 10:59:06 pm
I would like to agree with this, for that would make me correct and excite me, but, alas, in accordance with AugustWest's "nuh-uh", "ya" isn't a real word. He said that "y'all" is a combination of "you" and "all", which ARE both real words. So being grammatically correct, which acoxcae would be so proud of, I believe we have to agree that "y'all" is more correct than "ya'll"...although, arkabee, I have seen it both ways...

Just sayin'...

i'm going to my grave arguing that ya'll is a contraction for ya all.  and if sometime between now and my last breath,
someone brings the SCIENCE and attempts to use a PhD to "prove" that it's not,
or that it's not acceptable,
or etc,
i will have lived a happy life,
because
someone will have a spent an important portion of their life
accruing the necessary set of skills, knowledge, and credentials
to point out that a
regional colloquialism
is being spelled "wrong".


oh, the things i look forward to before dying.

Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 02, 2006, 11:02:19 pm
i'm going to my grave arguing that ya'll is a contraction for ya all.  and if sometime between now and my last breath,
someone brings the SCIENCE and attempts to use a PhD to "prove" that it's not,
or that it's not acceptable,
or etc,
i will have lived a happy life,
because
someone will have a spent an important portion of their life
accruing the necessary set of skills, knowledge, and credentials
to point out that a
regional colloquialism
is being spelled "wrong".


oh, the things i look forward to before dying.



I accept your argument, and when AugustWest isn't paying attention, I agree with you! (but we'll let that be our little secret)
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 02, 2006, 11:54:45 pm
Great Caesar's Ghost! People, can we at least try to have only one thread at a time that turns into a nitpicking prescriptive grammar session?  Have mercy!
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2006, 12:27:23 am
How can you have a contraction when one of the elements is not a word?

I'm with Aug if only that the logical argument is that 'ya' is a diminutive or lesser form of 'you' to begin with.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2006, 12:33:38 am
Sigh. I guess not.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2006, 12:57:40 am
We only have a few topics around here

Cartoons (occasionally)
Wrestling (occasionally)
Grammar (frequently)
Music (often)
Tiny Cans of Dr Pepper (incessantly)
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 01:16:50 am
Tiny Cans of Dr Pepper (incessantly)

You know, I'm going to start complaining repeatedly the next time Jesus or sports are brought up, because I find those things silly I think it's best if people don't discuss them on a board I'm on instead of just ignoring the discussion.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: idiomsavant on February 03, 2006, 01:20:18 am
Are there any rules about how to make a contraction out of two or more words that are already contractions?  For instance, would the contraction of "you all are not" be "y'all'ren't"?

NB: I live in the South, so "y'all'ren't" being incorrect will not necessarily preclude my using it.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 03, 2006, 01:22:14 am
Remember when A Cox's girlfriend showed us pictures of herself eating Vanilla ice cream with specks?  Those were the days.  That's how i'll always remember this thread.

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 03, 2006, 03:07:07 am
We only have a few topics around here

Cartoons (occasionally)
Wrestling (occasionally)
Grammar (frequently)
Music (often)
Tiny Cans of Dr Pepper (incessantly)

That's partly what this (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2506.0.html) was for.

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: jough on February 03, 2006, 08:10:56 am
"Y'all" is singular.

"All y'all" is plural.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: jough on February 03, 2006, 08:12:20 am
Are there any rules about how to make a contraction out of two or more words that are already contractions?  For instance, would the contraction of "you all are not" be "y'all'ren't"?

My favourite correct contraction is "shouldn't've" for "should not have."

My Uncle Phil contracts "I think not" to just "I thinkn't."

It's funny when he says it.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2006, 07:57:09 pm
You know, I'm going to start complaining repeatedly the next time Jesus or sports are brought up, because I find those things silly I think it's best if people don't discuss them on a board I'm on instead of just ignoring the discussion.

No one said you have to enjoy being here. You're entitled to your cognitive discomfort.


Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 08:44:29 pm
I could say the same to you.  My point was that no one is going to be happy with ALL the discussion but as long as it's not downright mean or something I would never go and say that people's posts were stupid and then bemoan it as you have done.

So in essence you could say the same thing to yourself. 
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2006, 09:14:39 pm
No one said you have to enjoy being here. You're entitled to your cognitive discomfort.

We're suppposed to enjoy being here??
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: Bozack on February 03, 2006, 09:28:35 pm
Does anyone remember that old Batman episode where the chief said Great Caeser's Ghost! so often that the ghost of Julius Caeser came to him and started making him do crimes? It turned out it WASN'T actually thr ghost of Julius Caeser.
And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for that MEDDLING BATMAN!
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: arkabee on February 03, 2006, 10:29:42 pm
How can you have a contraction when one of the elements is not a word?

I'm with Aug if only that the logical argument is that 'ya' is a diminutive or lesser form of 'you' to begin with.

i'd drop a tiny can of dr pepper on ya'll like a mick foley elbow to the concrete off the apron but
my computer ate my ability to click links while i was trying to listen to the best band ever, Clutch, on
my old computer using a weird front end for an old version of winamp that i saw recommended in the
comments section of some hipster-off-the-wall webcomic that sucks.

ps
how can you have a word if the word is not a word?
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2006, 10:48:49 pm
I could say the same to you.  My point was that no one is going to be happy with ALL the discussion but as long as it's not downright mean or something I would never go and say that people's posts were stupid and then bemoan it as you have done.

So in essence you could say the same thing to yourself. 

Didn't I?.

Also, when did I say something downright mean about the tiny cans?

Is something else bothering you? You seem to have a high sensitivity about my opinion about the cans.

Also thanks Ark. I appreciate the sentiment more than the fictional beverage.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 10:58:25 pm
Quote from: AlohaDawg
Better yet, start your own board so I don't have to read 20 posts a day about the dumb little cans.

I have the all time record for negative cans, though. The last few days have had so many dumb discussions about imaginary cans of Dr Pepper being shared by total strangers who gathered together ostensibly due to their love of imaginary cats who wear thongs and talk to alive stuffed animals.This is not normal behavior.

In other words, those of us still clinging to our sanity and rationality would appreciate if the rest of you PM each other about the cans.

And I didn't even start the thread you said that in, but it seemed pretty harsh and rainy on paradey at the time.

But, if it's just misunderstandings then I will pick up olive branches and bake you a cake in truce. 
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2006, 11:06:08 pm
A post in which I attempt to distract people from arguing by passing on mean things that people said about wombats to drew of toothpastefordinner:

Quote
every email i got about this from australia said "that is a wombat. they are common here. they are mean animals". apparently they are famous in australia for being rude animals. just, i mean, no manners, always grabbing the potatoes off the table, not holding a fork right, the whole thing.

Well I never.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 11:07:26 pm
A post in which I attempt to distract people from arguing by passing on mean things that people said about wombats to drew of toothpastefordinner:

Well I never.

Hey I said truce, the fighting is over I assume.  AD and I are big boys, we can take it.  :P
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2006, 11:14:33 pm
Hey I said truce, the fighting is over I assume.  AD and I are big boys, we can take it.  :P

If we need a truce to stop a conversation we have bigger problems. I have to say I reread it twice and I don't see any downright meanness.

And I think I can get an amen around here when I say I can do downright meanness.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: side_show on February 03, 2006, 11:26:13 pm
To further complicate things, when I consult my trusty NTC's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions (Second Edition), neither "y'all" or "ya'll" are listed but there is an entry for "ya"

From the slang dictionary:
Quote
ya pro. you. (Eye-dialect.  Typical spoken English. Used in writing only for effect. Used in the examples of this dictionary.)  "See ya!"  "Is this all ya want?"
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: misterqueue on February 03, 2006, 11:26:49 pm
*shrug* then maybe I read it with the wrong intonation or my serotonin levels are low or the moon was full or someone cut me off in traffic.   That's the problem with the internet, no physical or vocal cues to intent.  </sincerity>

Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: AlohaDawg on February 03, 2006, 11:30:39 pm
What does NTC stand for?

Is this some kind of Canadian LOW SHENANIGAN?
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: side_show on February 03, 2006, 11:37:42 pm
No joke AD. 

NTC stands for "National Textbook Company, a division of NTC Publishing Group, Lincolnwood, Illinois, USA. The Best, By Definition."  The absence of y'all or any alternate spelling of it is very confusing to me, because, well, it's so damn common.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 04, 2006, 04:50:02 am
To further complicate things, when I consult my trusty NTC's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions (Second Edition), neither "y'all" or "ya'll" are listed but there is an entry for "ya"

From the slang dictionary:

Y'all ain't in the slang book because it ain't slang.

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 04, 2006, 04:57:26 am
i'd drop a tiny can of dr pepper on ya'll like a mick foley elbow to the concrete off the apron but
my computer ate my ability to click links while i was trying to listen to the best band ever, Clutch, on
my old computer using a weird front end for an old version of winamp that i saw recommended in the
comments section of some hipster-off-the-wall webcomic that sucks.

This is the most amazing sentance i've read in quite sometime.  It's like driving a car fast down the freeway and having one of the wheels come off.  All you can do is ride it out and hope for a soft landing.

Can worthy.

~Paul

Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 04, 2006, 05:09:08 am
Is something else bothering you? You seem to have a high sensitivity about my opinion about the cans.

Hell yeah he's sensitive, he had 100 cans and was riding high.  All writing Augustwest fan fiction, all climbing the board social ladder at an unprecedented pace.  This young rookie can't believe that he's standing shoulder to shoulder with board hall of famer Wombat.  His head was swimming with his success.  Then suddenly he finds himself back down at the not quite awesome 99 can mark.  Hell yeah he's sensitive.

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: arkabee on February 04, 2006, 07:15:23 pm
This is the most amazing sentance i've read in quite sometime.  It's like driving a car fast down the freeway and having one of the wheels come off.  All you can do is ride it out and hope for a soft landing.

/me nods sagely, strokes his chin hair, and takes a "meaningful" puff off his smoke

i'm just happy that someone could appreciate my sentence for the metaphor it
is for my life.

incidentally paul, i think you may be my personal buddha.  if i were to ever do acid, which i never would do,
i would only do it with you around, because you are apparently the antithesis of a bad trip.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: V-Adore on February 04, 2006, 08:01:41 pm
incidentally paul, i think you may be my personal buddha.  if i were to ever do acid, which i never would do,
i would only do it with you around, because you are apparently the antithesis of a bad trip.

Agreed. I don't think I'll ever do acid, but I imagine an acid trip with Paul as being bright and fun, like "Yellow Submarine" except the submarine shoots fire now, and the next morning the board would have the raddest picture thread ever.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: pmcd9 on February 05, 2006, 04:01:10 am
Wow.  I don't really know what to say.  Thanks guys for thinking so highly of me.  I love you.

~Paul
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: sunnystar on February 06, 2006, 12:53:36 am
Wow.  I don't really know what to say.  Thanks guys for thinking so highly of me.  I love you.

~Paul

Oh silly Paul, we love you too! :) And why not, since all you ever do is say nice things and forgive me for previously being against the vanilla speck ice cream. If I could, I'd give you a vanilla speck ice cream float with Dr. Pepper!
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: Bozack on February 06, 2006, 01:30:43 am
I think Paul just naturally produces LSD, maybe instead of sweat. In every one of those group photos, those people are high....high on PAUL.
Title: Re: Self-introductions are my least favorite thing...
Post by: CortJstr on February 06, 2006, 01:49:40 am
I think Paul just naturally produces LSD, maybe instead of sweat. In every one of those group photos, those people are high....high on PAUL.

I say it's the mustache. It has hypnotic powers. Like a really good pair of breasts, but more likely to make you pose in an entertaining yet work-safe manner.